Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Marina

Default where to snorkle? castries, st john antigua

making last minute plans, now i dont know where to go to snorkle in antigua, were taking the helicopter ride to montserrat from jolly bay. any good or even fair place to snorkle while at that end of island. castries, st lucia, was going to anse, but its ninty minutes from ship or the pinnacles, but i cant find any out about it. what about marigot, or rodney bay? any suggestions would be great)))
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Marina

Default Re: where to snorkle? castries, st john antigua

i did find out that snorkling in jolly bay, harbor is not good. hope this helps someone.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 11:40 PM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: where to snorkle? castries, st john antigua

DEFINITELY go to Anse Chastenet. I did a lot of research on this prior to going to St. Lucia on the Serenade last Nov. Spoke w/someone who had been there on her honeymoon for a wk. She indicated that was the best place to go. It's right by the extremely scenic pitons. The ride over from Castries was just beautiful. There is a dive co. called Scuba St. Lucia that operates off the beach in A.Ch. However, when I tried to book the excursion on my own, they said the Serenade took over all of their bookings for that day so I'd have to go through the ship. Glad I did, though. My husband wanted to dive but was on the same boat over. We had lunch at the same time, same place. Did the all day excursion, but they offer a l/2 day one when you are on a ship. In my opinion, if you go to St. Lucia and do not see the pitons, you haven't seen St. Lucia. Oh, we were also told not to try to hire a taxi to Anse Chastenet as it would be VERY pricey and takes about an hr. to drive there over very twisting roads, so cabbies do not want to take people and it's hard to find one that will. On the way back we saw a double rainbow, too! Have a good trip!