Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
robinfielding

Default Puerto Rico

Hi,
We will be arriving in Puerto Rico early in they morning and the ship doesn't sail until 10pm, does anyone know a place to store luggage before we depart so that we can go on a tour?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Carlyn

Default Re:Puerto Rico

Hi
My hobby and I are taking our first cruise in September and we also have questions about Puerto Rico. We searched the internet for accomodations because we plan to overnight there before and after our. The places we found are so so overboard in terms of price so I was wondering if anyone knows somewhere, neat and nice, affordable and not luxurious where we can spend those 2 nights?

Robinfielding, I hope the both of us get our questions answered.

Carlyn
Old February 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Puerto Rico

If you book a pre-cruise tour with the ship,they will handle your luggage for you. If you book a day-rate stay at one of the hotels so that you can use their facilites ( beach, shower etc) they will store your luggge for you.
Old February 4th, 2004, 03:20 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: Puerto Rico

Hi,
We too are sailing from PR, I have been studying and studying about it. I have just been told about a place, Bacharina Village where you can stow your luggage. I am not sure of the cost or if there is one. But that was news.
We are also spending the night before the cruise and 2 days after the cruise in PR. We are staying in the Grand Regency, we have never stayed there but the cost was $150 night. It is a sister hotel to the Condado and we can use all the amenities there. I have heard people using Priceline.com, but I am unsure of that. I really like to pick where I stay. But who knows...
It is all a crapshoot!

Have fun...
Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old February 5th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Puerto Rico

We are also going to Puerto Rico a day early. we are just planning on asking the hotel if we can leave it there while we take a trip to El Yunque the day we sail. i think this is a regular practice at hotels. i wanted to do a pre-cruise tour of el yunque so everything would be taken care of but RCCL doesnt seem to offer any for our cruise. everytime i log onto the shore excursions it says they are "still determing blah blah blah" for that port. we are staying at Hotel Normandie which i guess is now called Park Plaza Normandie or something. we got it for an ok price on priceline. despite carrying the name Park Plaza i guess its not all that snazzy of a hotel. i've read varying reviews but it seems ok place to spend just one night, maybe not an entire vacation though ;-)

Serenade of the Seas