Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2004, 04:04 PM
d smith

Default Atlantis and beach in Cayman

We would like to take the shore excursion on the Atlantis with our 3 children (or just do it on our own). My husband and I went on the Atlanis sub in Barbados 12 years ago, and loved it. My question is: do you get the tickets and board in Georgetown where the tenders take you ashore? Also, is there enough time to do that and go the beach?
Also, we will be in Montego Bay and am interested in a beach that my family could go to on our own without too much hassle. I wasnt thrilled with the excursions offered and after 2 days at sea, I think we will be ready to get off the boat. Thank you for any information. We will be on the Conquest in September. Any other words of wisdom for my family and I would help.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:28 AM
JimBrown

Default Re: Atlantis and beach in Cayman

The great part of Atlantis in Grand Cayman is that it is right by the port so you don't have to worry about times too much.

The trip is about 1-1/2hrs, well it was last year, I'm sure its basically the same now too. We actually did two excursion, we did Captain Bryans Stingray CIty and then Atlantis in the afternoon so I'm sure you would easily have time for the beach and Atlantis too.

You can book it yourself and its cheaper then on the ship, at least when we did it was.
Cayman Islands Disounts offers itthink they are the cheapest)
http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/At...randCayman.htm

You can also try http://www.atlantisadventures.com/index.php which is the Atlantis Website but their rates where higher and they said they couldn't book us directly anyways.

It is a great excursion, my kids loved it and so did we!
Old February 9th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Atlantis and beach in Cayman

The Atlatis Submarine dive is great, but should be booked on board the ship. They get first preference. When you return to Georgetown just take a taxi to 7 mile beach $7.

Please don't go it alone at Montego Bay. We did a private tour but this cruise forum does not like for us to recommend anyone. They consider it advertising. Please email me for the email address. We did the Rose Hall Mansion, Rose Hall beach tour which was from 9 to 3:30 pm but could have been longer for $85 for the 2 of us including all admissions, lounges and our driver waited for us at the shopping plaza. We felt safe in his company. We also had the tour all to our selves which was very nice.
Bon Voyage