Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Passenger

Default Cave tubing scary?

This sounds like a great excursion, but I have a question from my mother in law.... are you at any point going through a small dark cave/tunnel? If you're a little claustrophobic, will you get freaked out? She said as long as she doesn't really have to duck her head to fit into a dark cave, or always be able to see a way out (light, I guess), it'll be ok.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Blake262

Default Re: Cave tubing scary?

Well I'll talk asumeing you're talking about the tubing in Belize. You will ALWAYS have enough space. There will always be at least 150 feet wide spaces(alot more probably). And my god in height! There are massive domes id say about 7 stories tall. It all depends which cave you go in though. So just email me for more info.
Old February 15th, 2004, 06:59 PM
jamiegunter

It is dark just about the whole way, you have a cave light on your head. It is pretty open areas of the cave that you go threw. Our guide would tell us what side to stay to, and stuff like that. If she is really scared of the dark though, I would not suggest this to her. I actually got a little scared when we did it, my husband got unhooked from me and I couldnt see well. But the tour guide helped me and I was fine. We used Reggies Cave Tubbing and had a really good time.
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Passenger

Thanks! My brother had just told us about cave tubing he did in NZ over the holidays, and there were parts where they had to try & duck nearly flat to fit into the cave entrances. He said if he had been overweight he wouldn't have been able to do it (but had a great time).

So this sounds great, thank you!