Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Default New Orleans Hotel

We are a senior citizen couple who want to stay in New Orleans 2 nights pre-cruise. Any recommnedations of a hotel close to things would be greatly appreciated. My husband has bad knees and can't walk far without resting. Looking for a place that is clean, decent and reasonable. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:47 AM
First Mate

Default Re: New Orleans Hotel

Abby,
I have been to New Orleans many times. What kinds of things do you want to walk to?
Bobbie
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: New Orleans Hotel

I am guessing we want to be near Jackson Sq. / Bourbon St. /French Market or at least near/on a streetcar line to get to famous attractions. What else do you suggest an older couple might like to see or do? We will be there late March 2 days precruise.
Old February 18th, 2004, 04:29 PM
ranger

Default Re: Re: Re: New Orleans Hotel

You might want to look at the Clarion hotel New orleans,1300 canal st. Close to the french qtr. and right on canal. Approx $60.00 night.
Old February 20th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Passenger

The Courtyard at 300 Julia Street is very nice! About $70 a night it is two blocks from the River Walk Mall, and Convention Center! You can walk through the mall and see where the ships dock. The hotel is 1 1\2 miles from the French Quarter, and it cost approx $7 for a cab. It is approx 1mile the other away to the Cruise terminal! Cab will take you to the front of the terminal if needed!

What ship are ya'll on? If it is the Conquest Ya'll going to Love It!

Have a Great Trip!
Old February 20th, 2004, 04:51 PM
First Mate

Looks like you got some good hotel recommendations. We usually take a cab when we cannot walk. A few places you might enjoy - Brennan's for brunch - expensive, but something you want to do once in your lifetime - $40 for brunch. My husband calls it the $40 eggs. There are so many wonderful restaurants. We enjoy just walking around. We also loved the bayou tours. You will have to ask them if your husband can handle it. Have a great time. Let me know if you want more suggestions. Oh yeah - the D-Day Museum was fabulous. Probably even more so if you were around then. But there is some walking. They do have places to rest, I think. Preservation Hall is great, but there is usually a long wait and you are not guaranteed a seat. You may be able to make special arrangements, though. You will probably also enjoy a ride through the Garden District. Beautiful antebellum houses. Enjoy yourselves.
Bobbie