Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:04 PM
kdpatte

Default returning to boat

Can anyone tell me how soon you must return to the boat before you leave. We have 330pm reservations at Chakanaab for our kids to swim with the dolphins and the boat leaves at 6pm. Will we have enough time?
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: returning to boat

Hi KD,
You should be back onboard by 5:00, how long is the excursion?? Sounds like you may be cutting it pretty close.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: returning to boat

She is a SHIP not a boat! I know this is picky..but please...
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Be careful as far as the times go...the time quoted on the dolphin discovery is CST which would mean you ship may still stay on EST....therefore you lose 1 hour.

Normally the ship advises/requires you be back 1/2 hour prior to leaving. Therefore if your ship is leaving at 6pm...then 5:30pm may be the requirement which if it's on EST that would mean 4:30pm Cozumel time. This would mean if the tour is at 3:30pm and lasts 30 mins then you may not make it back in time to board.

We had to cancel our dolphin discovery in cozumel due to this. The lady we booked thru couldn't get the time we wanted (3pm) but put us in the 3:30pm slot which wouldn't give us enough time to get back to our ship in time to board.

We'll probably just catch a taxi to Chankannah Park and hang out, snorkel and do the beach thing while in Cozumel. Then we won't be missing the ship! That would really suck!

BTW: To the poster that stated to use "ship" instead of "boat"...I tried telling my hubby that for years and he served in the US Navy...they would call their ships boats and that would piss me off

Post Edited (02-16-04 20:19)
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:32 PM
elationismyship

If it helps, the Chanakaab park is a 5 minute cab ride. The swim with the Dolpin is very organized. You could leave the tour a little early if you're running late too - it's right off the beach (off a pier) so it's not like you have to catch a boat back, etc. Just jump out of the water and grab a cab that's only about a large Wal-Mart parking lot away from the actual place you'll be swimming with the dolphins.
Old February 16th, 2004, 10:42 PM
kdpatte

How would I know what time zone the ship will be on? We leave out of New Orleans which is also CST so do we stay on that time all of the time?
Old February 17th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: returning to boat

On the last 2 cruises I've been on the ships stayed on the same time zone as the port we left from (EST)...So you would stay on CST which will definitely help. So, I would think you would be OK as far as time goes cause the park isn't far from the pier.
It would give you a couple hours unlike me it would give me 30 min to take my tour and be back! YIKES