Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Nikki Y

Default Cruising in October

My husband and I are thinking about an Oct. 2005 cruise to the western caibbean. We were wondering how the weather is that time of year and are the ships as crowded as they are during the spring and summer months. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and are trying to decide when to go. We don't want to go in Oct. if the weather is always bad that time of year. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2004, 11:52 AM
browezilla

Default Re: Cruising in October

Try http://www.weatherbase.com for historical weather. The temperature is excellent, just starting to cool off a bit from the summer, but it is generally more rainy. Also, this is the end of the hurricane season. I've been in the Caribbean several times in Oct and loved it. Haven't hit a hurricane yet, but I barely mised hurricane George when it ravaged Puerto Rico, USVI, and St. Martin.

Also do a search on historical hurricane tracking to get a feel for when the season is the heaviest. Sept I believe is a pretty heavy month for hurricanes
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Gram and I cruise this time of year almost every year. You are at the tale end of the hurricane season and you can of course run into bad weather, but, it is not likely and even so the ship will not head into bad weather deliberately.
It is definately sun and fun weather in the Caribbean this time of year.
As for crowds, although you will see less children, you shouud know that most ships sail pretty much full all the time.
Go ahead and book your cruise and enjoy your special trip.
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Yeoman

We almost always cruise in Oct. It is our favorite time to cruise. The weather is usually warm but not stinking hot. The weather is usually very nice. We have only gotten in small storms that lasted for a short time. The ships seem less crowded but maybe that is because their are fewer children on board. We don't have to endure screaming running children as often. People also seem to be more relaxed at that time of year. Not sure why that is either. Not to mention the fact that it is less expensive to travel during that time of year.

Old February 20th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel

Nikki, you will ENJOY cruising in October. We have done it several times and, in fact, we are going to the Eastern Caribbean on the Mariner of the Seas for a Halloween sailing!!!!!!! Don't worry and have a great time! jack & erlinda

Majesty of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas