Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Passenger

Default Grocery Stores - Cayman and Ochio Rios

Can anyone tell me where I can find a locals grocery store near the boat in either Grand Cayman and Ochio Rios?
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2004, 10:03 AM
browezilla

Default Re: Grocery Stores - Cayman and Ochio Rios

There are places right near the docks at Grand Cayman (although they are a bit touristy). They're hard to miss, but anyone there can point you in the right direction.

Sorry, but I don't recall at Ochie. Any cabbie would know though.
Old February 26th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Passenger

No that is the point I want to find a store where the locals shop? Not because I am cheap, I am sure my girlfriend will spend enought for the 2 of us in the tourist shops. I travel to forign countries a lot.. and always find something different, like candy or coffee or smokes or drinks that locals acutally eat or drink.
Old February 27th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Infidean

We just got back yesterday from a cruise to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. We had to stop at a grocery store and there was nothing within walking distance from port at Grand Cayman. Our taxi driver did take us to one, although I don't know the exact location, was on the way to the beach by the Holiday Inn.
In Ocho Rios, the dock is in an industrial area, so I doubt very much there is a grocery store within walking distance. There is drivers everywhere who will gladly take you wherever you want to go.
Good luck.
Old February 29th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Grocery Stores - Cayman and Ochio Rios

Ronkay, I do the same thing when I travel - I love shopping in grocery stores. Just have a cabbie take you to one, or better, if you arrange a tour with Peat Taylor, he will take you to one at the end of the tour. I have gotten the best blue mountain coffee prices at grocery stores.