Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:39 AM
barb0701

Default Is there a time difference in Cozumel ?

I am trying to book the dolphin swim but was not sure about the time difference between ship time and Cozumel time ? I guess I also need to check with the dolphin dicovery place to verify the time posted on their website. I wanted to book the 11:00 am one and was wondering if that would be 10:00 AM ship time.
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:54 AM
browezilla

Default Re: Is there a time difference in Cozumel ?

The ship will stay on the same "time zone" the entire trip. Cozumel is in the Central time zone. If the ship leaves from Florida, then Cozumel is one hour behind the ship (e.g. ship time is 9am, it is 8am in Cozumel).
Old March 1st, 2004, 10:14 AM
barb0701

Default Re: Re: Is there a time difference in Cozumel ?

thanks for the info, I thought it was that way but I wanted to confirm. I guess my next step is to ask the dophin swim people about the time they've posted on their website.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:52 AM
browezilla

I would think it would be the local time. I'm sure they get a lot of business from folks staying on the island that don't arrive by cruise ship. Ships arrive in Cozumel from different time zones, so I would doubt they chose a ship time.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Barb - I called Carnival for the same reason. I was told that while they are in port they operate on the time it is in that port but while at sea they are on EST or DST depending on whey you are cruising.