Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2004, 11:01 AM
LauriA

Default Land and Sea excursion in St. Lucia

We are trying to find an excursion in St. Lucia. Someone suggested the land and sea excursion. It is $78 and is 7.5 hours long so I wanted to make sure that it was worth the money and time. Has anyone been on this excursion? Thanks

Lauri
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:38 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Land and Sea excursion in St. Lucia

The Catamaran ride to the Pitons was great. Only about 4 hours.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:18 PM
LauriA

Default Re: Re: Land and Sea excursion in St. Lucia

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Was the excursion through RCL or was it through another tour company. I couldn't find that excursion in my RCL book. The only catamaran ride I found was a 7 hour catamaran/bus tour. I would prefer the 4 hour tour that you are talking about. Thanks so much!

Lauri
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Passenger

My hausband and I took the land and sea tour 3 years ago and loved it. The only complaint I had was we stopped in a cove to swim and the undertow was unbelievable. I am not a strong swimmer so I wished they had warned us about it. The rest of the tour was wonderful. We saw the volcano and were offered some goat that was roasted in the steam from the volcano. We stopped at a garden and had a traditional lunch. The bus ride back to the boat takes you through the "real" parts of the island so you will see some shacks and less appealing scenery. We drove by some banana plantations and learned about the local economy. Overall, the guides were wonderful and very informative. If you are interested in learning about life on the islands, this is a great tour. If your interests are in seeing the beach and relaxing, you will probably feel cheated because the beach stop was only about an hour.
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:55 PM
trish1c

It was the BEST excursion ever. The solcano, the botanical gardens (Although that would have been nicer w/ fewer people), the sea. Just wonderful. You'll have a great time.
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:05 PM
LauriA

Default Re: Re: Land and Sea excursion in St. Lucia

Thank you for all of the information! What you wrote made me even more excited about the port! Do you know if the land part of the excursion is in an air conditioned bus or is it an open type bus. I am hoping that it is air-conditioned because I read that it is very hot and humid there! Thanks again for your response!

Lauri
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Passenger

We also did the Land and Sea tour and it was GREAT! You get to see all the highlights the island has to offer (touristy and non touristy) and gives you an opportunity to talk with many village people as well. One of my fav. stops was in a small fishing village where we met a young boy mending fishing nets on his grandfather"s boat. We also did a very quick photo op @ Marigot Bay. Would have LOVED to stop there! Kyriecat is spot on with her description. It is well worth the $.

As for the buses,,,,,,don't remember being uncomfortable on the bus and I was sitting right @ the back. It was very hot out that day so I'm pretty sure the bus had A/C. This was with Summit '02.

Have fun!

Summit