Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Passenger

Default how cool will W Caribbean cruise get?

As I'm starting to pack for our cruise, I'm wondering if I need long pants/shirts at all. Is the ship kept pretty cool? How cool is it at night? I want to pack as little as I can, so I'll have more room for the donations, but I don't want to freeze my patooties off!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: how cool will W Caribbean cruise get?

Our Western Caribbean cruise last year in March was warm...no long pants or shirts were needed...even topside at night. Inside was quite comfortable. This was on Celebrity Horizon.
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:00 AM
browezilla

Try http://www.weatherbase.com/ for historical weather. Also search google for "historical weather" or "weather historical".
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:19 AM
jlynd53

It is a good idea to pack a light weight jacket or sweater and a pair of pants. We just got back from the Western Caribbean and I was glad that I had a jacket on our snorkel excursion in Belize. While it was warm in the water it was cold when we got back on the boat and drove to our next stop. I also wore the sweater a couple of times in the theater. Our last sea day was also on the chilly side - 70 - windy and cloudy - I was glad I had long pants that day. Of course, if you don't pack anything warm it will give you an excuse to buy a sweatshirt or jacket on the ship if you need one! I hope this helps!
Old March 5th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Yeoman

Some areas of the ship are "cool" and I always take a sweater or sweat shirt. Some times the evenings can get on the cool side also. Better safe than sorry.

Old March 5th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Admiral

i always pack a pair of nice slacks for casul night dining. During the day, no you won't need slacks. I would pack a lightweight sweater to throw over your shoulders at night (especially if you have any sleevless or halter-style outfits.)Wear a lightweight jacket or zip up sweatshirt when you travel - this will come in handy if you get a cloudy or rainy day at sea or on the islands.
Old March 6th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Infidean

The outside is warm even at night but inside sometunes the air conditioning can get cool. I would pack a sweater just in case but only one. Pants would only be needed if that is what you were choosing to wear to dinner but during the day you won't need them.
Old March 7th, 2004, 01:56 PM
victory cruiser

Also remember if you get a sunburn during the day for some reason you feel that much cooler at night.
I agree with everyone else it would be a good idea to be safe then sorry.

have a great time on your cruise.

victoria
Old March 7th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Admiral

We always bring slacks/jeans because you never know one night you may need them....plus in the dining rooms you shouldn't be wearing shorts.

Old March 8th, 2004, 02:50 PM
mrsox

Default Re: Re: how cool will W Caribbean cruise get?

I brought 2 light sweaters to wear in the dining room, lounge etc at night and used them several times...it's true about the sunburn and the ac can get a bit chilly!!! I also brought a pair of linen capri pants that I wore at night in Cozumel. A coverup for the beach and pool was nice to have also...I had a sarong. And, a hat! Bring one...it gets windy and it's also good protection against a sunburned scalp! Have fun!!!