Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:18 AM
victory cruiser

Default Peat Taylor Ocho Rios

Has anyone went with tour? Was it worth it? Any other info you could share would be great.

thanks

victoria
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:53 PM
browezilla

Default Re: Peat Taylor Ocho Rios

I've used Peat and had a party of 16. He was fabulous. A great buy for $30/person. His crew is very personable, entertaining, and they take you to the major sites in Ochie. After the scheduled stops (which includes the admission to Dunns Falls <$10>), usually over by 12:30, they will take you whereever you want to go for the rest of the day.

I have two other friends I've recommend Peat's tours too and they also had nothing but positive remarks for Peat. BTW: Peat isn't a one man operation. He has a team of people and buses/vans. He's a fairly large operator in Ochie.
Old March 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Sandy28

We (a group of 10 persons) used Peat a couple years ago. He brought his 30 passenger mini-bus and was our private guide. We hit Dunns River Falls early in the day which is a good idea, and had several hours left to tour the island. He was great. I highly recommend him.
Old March 11th, 2004, 03:08 PM
juizai

Hi, I went on this tour in Dec 03. We had a good time! Peat Taylor was great. They met us at the pier and took us to Dunn River Falls. The tour was $30 and included the fee into the Falls. Another guide at the falls takes over and leads you through the falls. Peat will meet you outside when you are done at a designated place/time. He will take you to Fern Gully, a rainforest. It was a quick walk through where someone was explaining the different plants. It was kind of cool. My tip would be to definately remember to bring some bug spray. I got bitten by a few misquoitos. Afterwards, Peat will gladly drop you off at the ship to have lunch or to go to a local place. He arranged to meet us 1 hour later so that he can take us to some shopping areas. He drove us downtown so we got some shopping in. He picked us up later and dropped us off back at the ship. I thought it was worth the $30 we paid. He gave us a little history of the island and transported from one location to another.
Old March 16th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Yeoman

Anyone have a website to contact him?
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:59 AM
aqusis