Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:03 AM
First Mate

Default Reyno tours dominica

We are visiting Dominica on April 13 with the Sun Princess and need the scoop on the tour guides there. We have heard the names of two and want to book the best, most fun and reliable one. So what can you tell me about Ken h. and Reyno tours.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Chris Johnson

Default Re: Reyno tours dominica

Hi, we booked w/Reyno tours when we went to Dominica 2 weeks ago. We had a blast. Please understand that Dominica is not a beach island and not much shopping, but if you enjoy nature, you will find this island so beautiful....Trafalger Falls, the Rain Forrest, Emerald Pool and Mr. Nices nice fruit stand...Felecia w/ Reyno Tours made us feel so comfortable. The van carries 8 people so it is an intimate tour. You are sitting right w/your tour guide to ask any questions. I would go w/ Reyno Tours again if I ever get back to Dominica.
I hope you have a great time.

Chris
Old March 8th, 2004, 10:46 PM
First Mate

Thanks Chris. We do understand what the isalnd is all about and your recommendation is helpful. We hope to hear more of the same.
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Chris Johnson

Default Re: Re: Reyno tours dominica

Hi Chuck...have fun..the day we went to Dominica, I called room service around 8am and ordered sandwiches..then packed them in my cooler w/ice...when we were hiking through the rain forrest..we sat at a lookout and had a picnic.so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!..the tour lasted 9:30 - 3:30 and they didn't stop for lunch..we were glad we brought our "picnic". With all the hiking, and the heat, we needed the protein.
You will enjoy their tour if you like to laugh and have fun!!
Old March 9th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Reyno tours dominica

Definitely contact Reynold - he replied promptly to my e-mail; picked us up on time, and was a most accommodating tour guide. He definitely gave us a new perspective on Dominica. Be prepared for narrow, curvey roads, it truly is an adventure!
Also, when at Mr. Nice's fruit stand, pick up some bars of glycerin soap from the old man across the street - we got 6 bars for $5, and now I wish I'd gotten more.
Cheers,
MaryC
Old March 9th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Passenger

Chuck, just one caution, a lady posted on another board that last week Reyno tried to get more money out of them than agree by email. Keep yer quote.
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Chris Johnson

Hi...this didn't happen to us. He kept the same amount which was $25.pp. There were 6 of us. I think he will negotiate.
Have Fun!!!
Chris
Old March 10th, 2004, 09:37 AM
can't wait

What is the web site address ???
Old March 10th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Chris Johnson

Hi his e-mail address is reynotours@hotmail.com, I don't believe he has a web site. Have a blast!! By the way..you don't pre pay. you pay after the tour.
Chris
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Poker2pla

I don't remember the name of the tour company we used but it was just off the dock and identified by a green umbrella. Hired a vehicle and driver for the day. We had 9 in our party and the cost was $25 PP. Driver named "Shyguy". Wonderful tour and great adventure. My whole family still rates it the best tour yet.
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:00 PM
can't wait

Try this website also

adventuredominica.com
Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
claudia

HellO;

We are just back from our cruise, and also hired R&R in Dominica. We had been here once before 12 years ago, and almost nothing has changed! We were shocked that no big corporation has come in and tried to develop at least something on the island, but not yet. It is still a beautiful, lush, mountainous island. The people don't seem quite as poor as last time we visited.

Our driver Ashford took us to the Emerald Pool first (to beat the crowds from the cruise ship that were right behind us). Good plan!! Then we hit the fruit stand which the kids thought was pretty neat. We did not pack a lunch which was a BIG mistake!

Some in our group had had it with all of the driving and asked Ashford to take them back to the ship. When our guide said it would be another 35 minute drive to the falls the rest of the group asked to go snorkeling. They took us to the Champagne area where the cruise excursions go. It was a horrible experience with small kids. THe snorkeling was no big deal and it took us 15 mnutes to walk down to the end of the small but EXTREMELY rocky beach to get to the snorkeling.

BE WARNED: So people in the group ahead of us both went snokeling together DOH! The local "helpers" meanwhile helped themselves to the man's wallet! Use your brains! Don;t leave your valuables alone on a beach....anywhere! I was watching the little kids while my huband and I took turns snorkeling with the older ones, and I watched items for 2 couples. My scary Chicago gangster glares scared two potential lifters off quite fast!!

The one place that did look a bit more developed was the main drag in town, right across from the ships. I sure wish we could have stopped there for a drink or bite to eat, but we were headed back to the ship when we actually saw it and were too beat to stop.

My suggestion: Ask Reynold to tak you to the pool and Mr. Nices., skip the falls, hit the little town area for a snack and then head to the other side of town to snorkel at the Champagne Beach. Then head back to the ship..

He wasnt very clear about the exact plans for the day, so if you have a better idea.....tell him!

Claudia