Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Beginner

Default Grand Cayman - Private Tour Guides

My husband and I will have a full day at Grand Cayman and would like a private tour of the area - we are not really shoppers and prefer the local scenery, people, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2004, 12:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Grand Cayman - Private Tour Guides

If you're interested in Stingray City (which I highly, highly recommend), try Nativeways - they are $25 per person - tour lasts about 3 hours. Highly recommend them.
Old March 15th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Admiral

You could rent a car or jeep yourselves, but remember the driver is on the right side of the vehicle. Or I bet you could arrange a day's tour with one the taxi drivers waiting at the tender pier.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:58 AM
browezilla

I did a similar search late last year and found that all of the tour guides are very expensive. I would either rent a car or use taxis to explore the West (8 mi) side of the island. Stingray City/Sandbar though is a must if you are interested in water activities. I used Soto Cruises for $19/person. We took 22 folks on an excursion with them. It is about 3 hours and includes 3 stops, with the last being Stingray City Sandbar which is waist deep water.