Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2004, 11:35 AM
SL

Default Enchantment o/t Seas Cruise

Looking for feedback on the 5 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Enchantment.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Enchantment o/t Seas Cruise

Did the 7day in September 2002 and loved the ship. My favorite so far from 3 cruises. Very open and people were very nice and helpful. Have a great time
Old March 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM
Passenger

We did the Enchantment (E. Caribbean cruise two years ago. We have a great time. It is a beautiful ship! Also, the crew members were super! Have a great time!
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Yeoman

Did it 12/02 and had a gret time (our son was almost 1). Key West is the first stop-lots to do there (shop, dive/snorkel, eat/drink). Beaches are somewhat non existent and a bit rough. I love the Keys (worked as a scuba instructor down there). Next stop Cozumel. Great for diving/snorkeling. Good beach with tons to do is Playa Sol (entrance fee, short cab ride if your dirver speeds). Shopping is ok, nothing great, some good eat/drink places if your into the bar thing. Next Costa Maya- wouldnt mind skipping that one! It was new at that point so no excursions for us. We we to the "beach" if you can call it that, but it was too rough and a bit grimey. Theres a little market area full of Mexican souvenirs-make sure you bargain. Also, theres a salt water pool area, but didnt check it out. Last stop Grand Cayman. Stayed there in '91 for a week and loved it (did lots of diving). Was there in Dec and what a shock to the system. It was so built up the charm was gone for me. Plus, there were 7 or 8 ships (some of the really big ones too) in port that day so crowds, cab lines (we waited 30 minutes for one) and traffic were a nightmare. 7 mile beach is great. If you snorkel, dont miss Stingray City. Theres also a great snorkeling spot near the tender dock (come off and head to the street, turn right and head around the bend, past the yellow submarine. I think the shop there-a little shack and restaurant was called Ahabs like in The Firm). The Turtle Farm is somewhat interesting if youre into ecology a bit. You can hold a turtle.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old April 6th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Greg Dameron

We did 5 nights on the Enchantment, Western Caribbean last June. Visited Ocho Rios and Georgetown from Ft. Lauderdale. Our first cruise. Had the time of our lives! It was the perfect first cruise. Not too long and only two stops and two days at sea. Our inside cabin was very nice and had all the room that we needed. We opted for early dinner and it took about two hours for us to eat.(the meal came in courses) The menu and food was great. After dinner we went to the show every night. Wow! What performances. A balancing act, music from the fifties and sixties, and Broadway like productions.
Our cabin steward folded towells and layed the on our bed. A dog, an elephant and a rose. Everything was very clean (and very sturdy) and maintained nicely. Ship board activities were to numerous to mention and appealed to all ages. Everyday our cabin steward would leave information about the following days activities.
The water was cobalt blue. We climbed the falls in Jamaica.(they will try to rent you lockers for $10.00. If you can carry your days money and a water bottle around your waste then do it) Also, take water shoes with you. The rental prices are outragous. After you climb the fellows that may have helped you will ask you for a tip. We rented a locker and did tip as well, $5.00.
Swam with the stingrays. What an awsome experience. This should be required for everyone to do that comes to Georgetown. Expensive, but, well worth it. After we arrived back at the dock where we left on a boat to swim with the stingrays, we walked back to the Hyatt Hotel, caught a taxi to the turtle farm. Less expensive than buying it from RCI. From there we went across the street to a rum cake factory where we purchased some Rum and cake. We asked how to get to Hell. I think that we walked for about 30 minutes before we arrived. Three rights and a left. I was sure glad that we did not pay for a tour to Hell. We then caught a taxi back to the dock and tendered back to the ship. We have now planned to take a seven night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, March of 2005.
Good luck and have a great time!
Greg.
P. S. Please buy your shore excursions early, before you go. We heard from several people that did not buy them early that they were disappointed as there was no more room on a few of the most popular ones.
Old April 6th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Enchantment o/t Seas Cruise

my fiance and i are booked on the enchantment for sept and cant wait!!! we are sooo excited. This will be my 4th cruise and hopefully my best.

can anyone recommend the "best" snorkling/snuba excursion for cozumel(whether thru the ship or an outside vendor)? We want something that is going to take us to see the best fish and corals out there.

thanks-
Stacey

Enchantment of the Seas

1996 Carnival Fantasy
1992 R.C. Nordic Empress
1985 M/V Atlantic
Old April 7th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Admiral

I did Enchantment from Sept 15 - Sept 20 (KW, Coz, Bze). I hated getting off the ship.
The only shortcoming is that the Windjammer has no outdoor area overlooking the wake. Be sure to go up to the observatory over the Windjammer for some stargazing. The light is deliberately kept low and there are binnacles containing a compass, and a compass controlled sky map.

If they are still aboard, my favorite personnel were Ricardo (room steward), Mihai (waiter), and Natalie (bar waitress on deck 6). The ship also had some stow aways, small birds that nested in the louvres of the funnel. Not really knowing what species they are, I called them funnel finches. You will mostly hear them when you're on the sun deck near the stern, but might occasioanlly see them swooping around the ship while under way. One even landed on my foot while I was sitting on deck.

I would certainly cruise aboard that ship again!

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!

I assure you, you will enjoy it.