Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:55 PM
Tony from Dallas

Default Belize Tender Process/Cave Tubing

Can anyone provide details on how complicated the Carnival tender process is in Belize? Sailing on the Carnival Elation in May. The ship is supposed to be in Belize from 8am to 6pm. First cruise in many years, and would like to book the Cave Tubing through Xtreme. When should I tell Xtreme we should be arriving on shore for pickup, or do they just know based on the ship's arrival time? Do they wait if you get delayed in the tender process?

I like Xtreme's price. Just need to make sure we can get off, do a little cave tubing, then back on the ship, on time (before it leaves for home)! :o)
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Belize Tender Process/Cave Tubing

Tony

I booked with Belize for the end of April. From what I was told they will meet you as soon as you can get off the ship. My meeting time with them is 6:50 a.m. local time. If you go online with them you can get instant live help and ask any questions. That's what I did.

Darcy
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just remember, its a fairly long tender ride in Belize, at least 20 minutes and they get the cruisers with ship excursions on the tenders first, so allow plenty of time to get ashore.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:30 PM
TF

I would use Reggie's in Belize. Let him know what time you have to be back, and he'll make sure you are.
Old April 1st, 2004, 11:10 AM
Passenger

We used Extreme a couple of months ago. The wait to get off of the ship is very long. Ours was about 2 hours. I had planned for an hour and a half. Extreme did not wait on us. We lost our deposit, but went snorkeling instead-had a great time. I would check into Reggie's.

Elation
Old April 1st, 2004, 12:39 PM
Tony from Dallas

Thanks to everyone for their input! I am concerned about that tender process and possible delays. I will check with Reggie. Thanks again!
Old April 1st, 2004, 01:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Reggie is very conscious of the time factor and makes sure you make it back, plus he'll wait at the pier for you (within reason of course) You'll love his tour.
Old April 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM
Passenger

What is Reggie's web address?

Elation
Old April 1st, 2004, 05:29 PM
Admiral

We did our cave tubing with Xstream a few weeks ago while there.

The tender works where you get on as soon as possible. Once we had anchored we immediately went to the tender and were allowed onto the 2nd one (the 1st one was for Carnival tours only)....we maybe had to wait 10 mins to leave the ship and it was about a 15 min tender at the most.... Since we anchored way out at about 7:30am it was probably about 8am before we were on shore and our Xstream tour didn't leave til 8:50am...so we had alot of time to hang out and relax.....

But your best bet is to once you hear the anchor drop to get down to the gangway area and wait. DO NOT wait til they announce the tenders are available because they announce that WAY after you can actually get off. Then you are assured an early start.
We had 20 people in our tour and only 2 didn't quite make it by 9am and Richard and Thomas waited for them too! SO don't worry....they really accomodated us and understood. Plus they made sure we were back way before the last tender! They were awesome! You should have seen the Carnival tour with tons of people and maybe 2 guides....we had 20 and 2 guides! Very nice! You can see my pics at http://kollnfamily.com/inspirationcruise.htm

Old April 1st, 2004, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Belize Tender Process/Cave Tubing

2 hours to leave the ship! YIKES....we had 2 tenders at our ship at all time and we waited 10 mins....

You shouldn't wait for the announcement...just go to the tender once you hear the anchor fall....If you wait for them to announce you can go then YES you will be waiting with tons of people!

Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:48 AM
Passenger

I agree...use Reggie's cave tubing...he knows all of the ship's schedules and will be waiting for you on shore near the lighthouse. When I was looking last year...he had the best prices. Good luck and have fun!