Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
Debbie Nelson

Default hurricanes

Prediction of "busy atlantic hurricane season" - this was in the news today. Any thoughts? We have an Eastern Carib. Cruise booked for June 19th. I know they may have to stop at a different port if a hurricane is in the way - has this ever happened to anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: hurricanes

We usually sail over the holidays so i dont have experience with it. However, youre right-ships will change ports if its a problem. The only thing you might experience are rougher seas and possibly rain depending on how close it is. I wouldnt worry too much about it though. The peak is September. June is early, but there is always a chance for some storm (tropical or hurricane).

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old April 4th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Yeoman

We live on the Gulf Coast and are one of the prime hurricane targets. Even thoug officially hurrican season runs from June 1 through November 30, I think the earliest we've seen an actual hurricane is July and that is rare. Most come in late August through early October. They are very unpredictable, so don't make plans around the possibility of one. Last year most downgraded before striking land, so we really only had tropical storms and minimal hurricanes. They had originally predicted a bad hurricane season. The early predictions are only guesses, so don't put too much faith in them.

Carnival Inspiration
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Admiral

June is pretty quiet.....now September and October is busy time! I think you'll be fine.
I've lived in North East Florida for many many years and it's rare to see a hurricane in June, however it is possible.

Post Edited (04-05-04 06:38)