Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2004, 09:37 PM
marciaj

Default Renting a Jeep in Cozumel

For all of you who have rented a jeep for the day in cozumel, who did you rent from? I've been trying to check them all out but I'm not sure of the location for pick-up. A convenient location would be worth spending a few extra dollars on. As would a reliable company. I would like to have it reserved before we go, so as to save time and haggling at the peir. I have read much about Executve but i'm having trouble with their web-site. But if they are the best deal out there I will call them directly. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Renting a Jeep in Cozumel

We rented mopeds last May in Cozumel from someone downtown, Will be back again on the Holiday 4-19-04 sailing and again on 5-10-04 Carnival LSensation. Check out these web sites for additonal information: www.cozumel.net and travelnotes.cc. They both have lots of info on Cozumel. Also, depends on which ship you are on as to which dock you are at. I was at the International pier (3mi s. of town, $6. taxi ride to San Miguel) and they have rental agencies there. Not sure of the cost, I am trying to figure out which to use on the 4-19 trip visit. Will research info when I am there to reserve my jeep for my 5-10 sailing visit. Have lots of fun, I'm sure you will. Good luck w/the rental.

13 days and counting!
Old April 6th, 2004, 08:50 PM
marciaj

Default Re: Re: Renting a Jeep in Cozumel

Deb, I'm not sure which pier we come in to. Arriving on the Voyager. Guess I could call Royal Caribbean and find out. Thanks for your help. There are 4 of us going (so far) and I'm doing all the leg work cuz I'm the one addicted to these boards. So much info out here it's amazing. What did people do before the internet? Have a great trip!
Old April 7th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Renting a Jeep in Cozumel

Not sure when you are going on the Voyager, (You'll love it, we cruised Explorer last may, nothing like it!), but if you arrive on a thursday, you will dock at the Punta Langosta Pier, which is the downtown pier, and all the rentals are close by. If you arrive any other day, the Voyager docks at the International Pier. That is where we docked on the Explorer, and they do have some rentals there. However, you probably will get a better deal from one of the downtown rental places. Check out the web sites I gave in the previous post, and they have lots of info about the rental companies. You may want to reserve a jeep before you get there. I am in the process of trying to decide which way to do it for my visit from the Holiday leaving 4-19 out of New Orleans! Can't figure out how to set those countdown clocks though. If any more questions, let me know. Have a great cruise, I know you will!
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:31 AM
marciaj

Default Re: Re: Renting a Jeep in Cozumel

Thank you for all your help. Yes, we will be arriving on a Thursday so I'm in Iuck. Hate to admit it but we are not leaving until Jan. 3rd. It is a post holiday sailing so only a 5 day cruise. I'm just so excited I can't help getting everything booked. I did check out the site you gave me and it was a great site. Thanks. I will probably go with LessPay. Have heard about them from other posters. I have an email out to them now. ( they probaly think I'm crazy planning for a trip 9 months away.) Have a great time on your trips.