Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2004, 01:15 PM
turqtrvlr

Default Shark Ray Alley - Sharks?

I have heard that the sharks at Shark Ray alley have dwindled greatly in numbers over the years. Has anyone gone recently (within the last year or so) and what was your experience like? Were there a lot of sharks and rays? I don't want our group of 8 to be disappointed. Is it better to do a cruise ship excursion there or try to find another less expensive way to go? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2004, 04:10 PM
jlynd53

Default Re: Shark Ray Alley - Sharks?

We were there in Feb and there were quite a few rays. Some in our group saw some sharks from the boat but they swam away before I could see them. The sharks were not around when we were in the water. We went with Coral Breese - www.coralbreeselimited.com. I hope this helps!
Old April 8th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Melissa Pasquantonio

I met some people on the cruise I was on in March and they went to Shark ray alley, and did not see one shark
Old April 8th, 2004, 07:31 PM
The Hill's

We were just at Shark Ray Alley on March 6th with the Carnival Legend and there were 2 sharks, a barrcuda, stingrays and lots of other fish. The ship photographer happened to be on our trip so we actually have a video showing all the fish, sharks and stingrays and our kids snorkelling ( 5 1/2 and 8 1/2). They actually got to touch the stingrays so they will always remember that!

On the way there we even saw some dolphins and on the way back stopped at the Manatee reserve but didn't see anything. Food was good at Big Daddy's (barbequed chicken, rice, fruit and punch.

San Pedro is a neat little town to kick around in. They still drive golf carts and old beat up trucks. It is great to just sit by the beach under your straw hut enjoying your beverage of choice.

The speed boat ride there was pretty rough but the kids thought it was the best amusement ride going. Just a tip, don't sit at the back of the boat or you will think you signed up for the white water rafting trip!

We truly enjoyed this excursion.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada