Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Magic

Default S. Caribbean excursions on RCI AOS Help !!

My wife and I are leaving for our first cruise on May 2 on AOS. We have a couple of options we have picked out at some ports. Could anyone give me some feedback if they know anything about these.
Turtle Cove Sailing & Snorkeling out of St. Thomas
ST. John Beach Tour out of St. Thomas/St. John
St. Maarten Rhino Rider Adventure out of St. Maarten
Antigua Miniboats out of St. Johns, Antigua
Antigua Beach Break out of St Johns,Antigua
Catamaran Cruise to Fond Doux Estate out of St. Lucia
Five star Catamaran Lunch & Turtle Encounter out of Barbados

Please give input if you have been on any of these recently or if you have any other suggestions

Thank you
Magic
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2004, 09:41 AM
D Walstead

Default Re: S. Caribbean excursions on RCI AOS Help !!

I can only speak to part of your ports. The Tutle Cove day trip is a good one and highly recommend it....also there is Captain Nautica's which is awesome as well. We have taken both of these and enjoyed them. Turtle Cove you will see sea turtles, sting rays and lots of fish at the reef. Captain Nautica's you will go to Turtle Cove but also the Marine Park at St. Johns and getting there at 50mph is half the fun as well in a inflatable zodiac type boat. St Maarten I would highly recommend the America's Cup Regatta if you enjoy the thrill of an actual race and having a sailing job and actually performing a task needed to sail a 70 foot boat. We enjoyed all of these and would do them again in a heart beat. We were on AOS in Feb and if you would like to read my cruise review just go back in past postings around Feb 16. I hope you find something there helpful. Bon Voyage!
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: S. Caribbean excursions on RCI AOS Help !!

We did the Rhino boats in St. Maarten and loved the excursion. Lots of time riding the boat out to an alcove where you could snorkel or swim up to the beach, have a drink and or snack before heading back... These boats do not tip, so it was very simular to riding a jet ski only they don't tip over, but go just as fast...You go through a large harbor on the way out to the ocean and there are some really nice yachts and boats to see, I'd do that excursion again...

Message Boards Moderator