Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Jimmy7

Default Godfrey tour in St.Thomas

I plan to take the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas & wish to spend the afternoon at the beach. Is it nesessary to keep your beach towels, etc. with you at all times while shoppimg or can you store them on the tour bus?
thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2004, 11:20 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: Godfrey tour in St.Thomas

Godfrey is the best! He will take your beach bags and shopping bags in the cab of his truck for you. He watches things very closely.
This is how good Godfrey is, We took his tour, we put our bags in the front of the truck while we went to Coki beach. When Godfrey dropped us off, we forgot one bag. Of course it was all my stuff! So there we stood at the pier wondering what really to do? We asked one taxi driver if he knew Godfrey, he said yes, we asked him if he saw Godfrey at the other ship, to ask him to come back to the Destiny. We waited some, but not long and there he comes in his shiny red truck all smiles, knowing it was our bag! He really didnt' have to do that, but that is the kind of Man he is.
Have fun! You will enjoy all the tour.

Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:21 AM
First Mate

We, too, left everything with him - including my wedding dress!! We had just married that morning on St John, and after the reception, we had set up Godfrey for our entire wedding group. Didn't want to drag the wedding dress snorkeling with me!
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:03 AM
md lady

We used Godfrey Tours also, actually his brother Tony. Our family arranged to have him for the entire day. It was an absolutely wonderful day and very fun filled! Tony was wonderful! He will make suggestions and do whatever tour you would like, wait for you and lock your things in the van. Don't stress and have fun!
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:02 PM
danad

Default Re: Re: Godfrey tour in St.Thomas

Can you please tell me how to contact Godfrey to arrange a tour?
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:17 AM
md lady

Sure, his email is : godfrey@godfreytoursvi.com
Once you contact him he will give you his cell phone.
Have fun!
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Question---will Godfrey do a tour for only two people, dh and I, or will he only arrange for large groups?

Carnival Paradise-Eastern Carribean
Old April 20th, 2004, 06:42 PM
First Mate

jkmmah - I am sure he would do a small group provided the price is right. If he had low bookings for the day and couldn't rouse up any guests at the docks, then you might be able to bargain well. (We had 15 in our group and still paid the full $20 each)
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
Beginner

My husband & I set up a tour with Godfrey in Feb. It was just the 2 of us. He picked us up at the pier and I laughed about the whole bus for the 2 of us. By the time we were done shopping in town, he had picked up others and had over half of the bus full. Just e-mail when you will be in port and ask him any questions. This is definetely a deal and we had a wonderful time with him. We even needed to stop back in town to pick up a ring that was being sized and he did that for us too. Wonderful guy!

chris
Old April 23rd, 2004, 09:46 PM
scriptwitch

GOdfrey will watch your things in the truck..or lock them in the cab for you. We took a godfrey tour in January and he was very nice and dependable. He didnt , however actually show us Blackbeards castle..we were on an overlook saying to each other..do you know where he said it was? COuldnt pick it out. We would look for Godfrey again.
Old April 28th, 2004, 06:59 PM
JERRYMAC

Just got back from Gpdfrey tour, worth every penny!

Godfrey will store anything including cameras etc for you, he is very trustwothy.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:10 AM
Passenger

We have a group of 25 folks, Godfrey offers his service all day long with his bus for $500.00.
is this good price to do ? any advise how to start the day and end it?
Definitely Coki is on the adjenda

thank you any help
Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:29 PM
First Mate

Cruising - that still works out to his normal $20 per person. I would venture to guess that it would be his normal tour with the sights listed on his website - plus longer for swimming (or an additional stop for swimming/snorkeling). His vehicle is a good size for your group - my wedding group used him after our reception, although we only had 15 of us go with him. The others who chose to see things on their own later regretted their decision and wished they had gone with us. I was surprised he did not give our group a discount for booking so many, but then again, we asked for it to be a 'private' tour. (This was March 2003) Either way, $20 a person is still a great deal - especially for all day! I'd say 'go for it'.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Hello Md Lady,
Glad to hear that you have a good time with Godfrey tour. My group about 25 people will be using Godfrey service all day for $500.00 is this good price? what did you all do with his bus all long? any recomendation of things to an dplace to see? definitely will go to Coki beach..thanks
Old May 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Passenger

Just took the Godfrey tour last week in St. Thomas - he is great - good tour, and as for the beach, Coki is best for snorkeling, but Magen's beach is beautiful (Magen's has an admission of $3 per person). I would say Magen's for beauty (he would also take you to Sapphire Beach which I didn't see, but is also supposed to be nice), but Coki for activity. Tons of fish at Coki and equip to rent, food and drink, and nice bathrooms.
Old May 5th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Mark&Deb

You don't have to worry about your extra stuff, shopping bags or whatever when you are with him.

Mark&Deb
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:26 PM
md lady

Hi Cruising,

IMO price seems reasonable. We had 16 in his A/C van appx $20pp. + tip. Godfrey is great about email and you choosing your own adventure.

He picked us up at pier 8:30ish am and brought us back by 4pm. We started with a tour of town and history, followed by a drink at Mt Top and pictures, then Coki Bch area. At Coki we split up - as it is walking distance to Caribbean Watersports, Coral World, Coki Bch. The men went parasailing (appx $65pp) while the ladies took the children to Coral World (appx $15pp) Later we met at adjacent Coki Bch for swimming, snorkeling and brought a picnic lunch fr ship. If you buy Coral World tickets you are allowed to use baths rooms and showers. Afterwards he took us to town to shop.

It was a very fun packed day and we made lots of great memories. Check out some St .T's sites and you will get ideas of what to please your group. Leave the driving to Godfrey or Tony and you will have much fun and make good use of your short day there :-) St. T is just beautiful!!
Old May 8th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Anyone know how much jet ski rentals are? Is there somewhere we can change to our swim suits at Coki Beach?

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old May 8th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Mock4

md lady,---what kind of picnic lunch did you have and how did you keep it cold? We hope to do the same as have reservations with Godfrey 2/05. I read somewhere that some ships/islands won't allow you to take food off the ship--is this true for Princess?
Old May 8th, 2004, 07:40 PM
md lady

Mock4 -

Sorry, can't answer about Princess regulations.
We were on Disney and it was perfectly acceptable to take a picnic. Dis cabins have a cooler type fridge. Night before we ordered ham, turkey, BBJ sandwiches, chips, cookies and took fruit, drinks from breakfast buffett. As we had planned this before cruise we took baggies and a soft side cooler. Room steward furnished ice for cooler. Worked out great and saved big bucks for our family group. I don't think taking food off the ship is a problem at the islands - it's when you return to the US, no ship food, etc. allowed.
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Erika

Would anyone recommend taking a taxi around St. Thomas by ourselves and going to the individual beaches on our own, rather than taking Godfrey tours? We are concerned about not having enough time to spend on the beaches with Godfrey, and we would miss going to St. John's. Anyone heard of Godfrey breaking down time at two different beaches? Any advice?
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Yeoman

Other than fruits and vegs ( which of course they restrict due to worries about bugs / dieseases being spread ) the real reason the ships say not to take food off the ship is because then you are not spending money in the port!
We took some cookies and pastries off the buffet at breakfast and I had brought baggies from home so we were set. No one checked our bag when we were leaving the ship/, perhaps taking a cooler would be more difficult. If you can take a smaller cooler ( lioke the insulated lunch bags kids carry) that fit inside a large beach bag you would most likely have no problem.
Alot of beaches have places to eat, but some of us don't like spending 8$ for hotdog.
We bought beer from the beer vendors/ bars and had our snacks and felt absolutely no remorse!!

If you are travellling with kids I would consider bringing some snacks vital. You never know when kids will get hungry, and taking a water bottle is also a good idea.