Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:45 PM
eianson

Default Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

We just booked a Southern Carribean Cruise (Golden Princess) for late June. In reading my Frommers Book and this website, here are the things I think we should do in our Ports of Call. Please let me know what you think. Any input is greatly appreciated:

Barbados - Glory Tour's Best of Barbados
St. Lucia - Land & Sea Tour (Catamaran, volcano, etc)
Antigua - Lawrence of Antigua Tour
St. Thomas - Trunk Bay on St. Johns
St. Maarten - America's Cup Regatta

Thanks,
Eric
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

Eric,
We are going in January 2005...."The golden", she looks awesome!

me and my husband went down to all most all of these islands on our honeymoon,
but we haven't been to St. Lucia....when you get back we woudl LOVE to here about the island and volcano tour....

1-Barbados...we did the jolly roger....pirate ship fun but kind of a party boat...not sure if that is what you are looking for.
2-Antigua...we didn't see much when we were there the first time....but this time we are going to go through some company on the island (not through the ship)and are doing the swim with the dolphins and stinrays.
Also would live to her about yours when you return.
3-St. Thomas..... We went scuba driving and shopping......but I heard there area lot of beautiful beaches, also if you are looking for a tour guide that is very dependable, check into Godfrey touring (www.godfreytoursVI.com).....We heard he goes out of his way to make you happy. We are also looking into the BOB(www.bobsvi.com) have you heard anything?
4-St. Maarten....we did the "America's Cup" Awesome an big !
can't wait to hear from you!

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Admiral

I think you have booked(or considered booking) a nice mix of sight seeing and activity.
The St Lucia land and sea is a great day. Long , fun, you get to see and do a whole lot.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:48 AM
First Mate

Lawrence of Antigua is great - we went with him in Feb of this year. His van is air-conditioned and spotless. He will gear the tour to your interests - I highly recommend the tour that includes Nelson's Dockyard (Lawrence will take you to the best viewing sites above the dockyard and will make sure that you get any guided tours etc that are included in your $5 entrance fee to the National HistoricPark (which includes Nelson's dockyard, Shirley Heights and Dow's hill InterpretationCentre ). He never rushes you and makes sure you have ample photo ops.
St. Lucia - we did a St. Lucia Land and sea type tour several years ago and really enjoyed it - the views from the ocean are great.
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:57 PM
debp

Hi eianson,

I am going on the Golden as well, June 27! Can't wait. I am very interested in the St. Lucia tour that you mentioned. Is that the ship tour or a private tour. When I looked at the ship excursions, it did not mention the volcano. Do you have any information?

Thanks,

debp
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:11 PM
eianson

All,

Thanks for the comments.

debp - I think the volcano and other things are standard on the catamaran tours. I think it can be done either through the ship or privately. I haven't done all the detailed research yet. The Best of Barbados tour (see www.glorytours.com) is only offered on Wednesdays or by special request for groups of 6 or more. It is just my wife and I on the cruise. Let me know if you are interested in joing a group booking.

Eric
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Eric (ejanson),

You have some good ones for your port stops ~~~ with MAYBE??? one exception ~~~ not so sure about Glory Tours in Barbados????

We love Barbados but sometimes like to do silly things like the Jolly Roger. Our friends on the same cruise had booked GLORY TOURS and had a real problem. They were never sent a confirmation number so Glory Tours would not honor their reservation for the tour. (It had been charged to their credit card .... so, who knows what was going on ..........?) If you do Glory Tours, make sure you have a confirmation number WITH you!

This is not to worry you ~~ just to make you aware. Know you WILL ~~ HAVE FUN!
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:57 AM
debp

Eric,

Thanks very much for the Barbados offer, but we have already decided on a snorkel tour there. I did book the Princess catamaran and land tour for St. Lucia. If it doesn't go to the volcano I think we will survive as we went to the Big Island last year. Thanks very much for responding.

debp
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarte

Actually the volcano on St. Lucia is not that interesting except for the fact that you get to drive right up to the fumaroles. The best part of the land and sea tour when we took it was the spectacular view of the Pitons (both from sea and land).
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:15 PM
hcat

St Lucia--took a snokel tour that takes you into beautiful Marigot Bay, then to a beach in view of the Pitons for some nice but not great snorkeling...we did not see any of the land but had a great day!
Old April 24th, 2004, 03:17 AM
chip brady

The St. Lucia land and see tour is great!! However the drive up volcanoe is only about 15 holes in that ground that are steaming, but the rest of the trip was wonderful.
We stopped in a couple of little fishing villages. Really neat! Also a wonderful lunch at an old whiskey still. One of the better tours in the southern Caribbean.

chip brady cb2052@wavecable.com
Old April 24th, 2004, 07:35 AM
BMK

Barbados is a beautiful island and to see it from the water is just great. My opinion is a snorkel tour is the perfect thing to do, try to book one that takes you to swim with the sea turtles. We did that a couple of weeks ago and it was great. It included a swim with the turtles, a great lunch on board and then a stop at the beach and a snorkel from the beach. Have a wonderful time!!
Old April 25th, 2004, 10:33 PM
chirojustin

Does anyone know a good website for St. Lucia's Land and Sea tour? Also, any other feedback on the Godfrey tours? Thank you!
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you know if the name of this tour was Five Star Catamaran & Turtle Adventure?
How was the snorkeling there ie. fish, coral, sea fans?