Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Passenger

Default Snorkeling in the Bahamas???

I was wondering if there is good snorkeling in Cococay or Nassau??? I think we will be swimming with the dolphins in Nassau but how about cococay??? I'm a little nervous about it b/c I'm scared of being drowned or something. I know it's really weird, and my parents live on a lake so I love to swim and be in the water but I can't stand if someone is horsing around and trys to dunk me, i get really paranoid, is it pretty easy to do??? we are thinking about doing an excursion from the ship and the snorkeling you can do anytime of the day whenever you want. we're going on RCCL Sovereign of the Seas, anyone been on that ship??? How is it???
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Snorkeling in the Bahamas???

snorkeling is really easy, since you are an experienced swimmer you should have no problems with putting you face in the water, and you just breathe normally using the snorkel. You can practice in the pool on the ship if you want to, they may even have classes for beginners. If you are going on an excursion there will be a dive master with you who will help you if you need it.
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Also, most snorkling tours will provide an inflatible vest if you would like to wear one, so if you get tired in deeper water, you won't have to tread water. the vest can be deflated easily if you'd like to dive down, then you just blow it up again when you're ready.
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Snorkeling in the Bahamas???

I agree with the advice above, stay with the dive master if your nervous about child's play (dunking) he or she will make sure you have a great time and a wonderful experience, the carribean is to nice too miss.

Have a great time.

Post Edited (05-06-04 22:21)

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Mark&Deb

Went on Radiance - we love to snorkel. The 1st time I was scared out of my mind!!!! Thought the currents around Cancun were harder to snorkel in than the E.Carib. Nassau we took the Rainbow Reef snorkel. Boat very very easy to get in & out of & there will be 2 guides in the water with you - if you want to do it & don't try it - you will regret it!

Mark&Deb
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MikesMom

We went to cococay on the SOS it was great we snorkled there