Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Virtue

Default Snorkeling from Beach

Is there any good snorkeling from any of the Western Carrebean beaches, such as Belize, Costa Maya, Cosemel, Progresso?, or do you have to do an excursion?
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:30 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Snorkeling from Beach

Cozumel I went to Chanakaab park and it was ok, I was told it was better at a beach just past Paradise beach. I will try to find out the name.
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:32 PM
First Mate

Ok I copies this from another post. here goes>

posted 05-03-04 09:17 PM
Dzul Ha doesn't really have a 'beach'.
The area has a rocky entrance into the water, but the snorkeling there is awesome! There is a rental shop there for snorkel gear, and there is a bar there and a place for food. We ate and drank there during our stay, and found the prices reasonable and the food was good. There were a few chairs and umbrellas in a sandy area.
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Admiral

in Cozumel you can snorkel from the beach at Channunkaab National park, however the most amazing snorkeling is to be found at the Palencaar Reef - you have to get there by boat but it is worth it.
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:49 PM
jwillard

My friends tell me that Mister Sancho beach in Cozumel is fantastic. They have a restaurant, umbrellas, snorkeling from the white sand beach and LOCKERS. According to a web post, there is no fee to enter, and the wait staff takes your order from your chair. I am ging there in two weeks and will take a cab from the peir.
Old May 8th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Mrsox

Default Re: Re: Snorkeling from Beach

The beach clubs in Cozumel are all really sandy areas so I doubt the snorkeling will be good...we saw a few fish...nothing impressive. In Belize, you have to take a boat out to snorkel...there is no beach access in Belize City where you'll be tendering to. I've heard the trip to Caye Caulker with coralbreezelimited.com (American owned company) is really good...we had booked w/them, but it got cancelled the day we were there due to weather.
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MikesMom

How is snorkeling at the beach at the Atlantis?