Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:48 PM
LauriA

Default Where do I put my luggage in San Juan?

I was wondering if anyone has any information as to what I can do with my luggage after my cruise. My flight out of Puerto Rico isn't until the afternoon and I was hoping to do a little sightseeing after we get off the ship. Is there a safe place to store luggage before our flight out? Thanks

Lauri
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:40 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Where do I put my luggage in San Juan?

We were thinking of renting a car, our flight leaves at 5:50. The other option is taking an excursion thru the ship that ends at the airport. I read on these boards that there is a restaurant close to the pier that stores your luggage for a minimal fee , but I can't remember the name. Maybe others here can help you with that option.

Old May 9th, 2004, 10:58 AM
LauriA

Default Thanks for the response!

I didn't even think about renting a car. That is a good idea. I didn't think of an excursion that ends at the airport either. I didn't even know that they had those. Are they through Royal Caribbean? Thanks a lot for the ideas. I knew that there had to be something that we could do!

Lauri
Old May 9th, 2004, 11:07 AM
First Mate

Yes , Royal Carribean has a couple of different excursions , it all depends of how much time you have before your flight.

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:05 PM
First Mate

I did some investigation before my cruise about this (turned out that I did not need to use the service) but here is what I found out:
The restaurant that stores luggage is called barrachina. They have a website.
Also Keren at Audioguia stores luggage.. Her email is:
audioguia_pr@yahoo.com
I hope this helps
Old May 9th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lauri,
Yes, we did a post excursion that ended at the airport. It sure beat sitting at the airport most of the day. We did an Old San Juan/New San Juan tour with some shopping time in there, visiting the forts, etc. At the time I had also purchased the cruiseline transfers, but they gave us a credit for that after we booked the excursion onboard.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:26 AM
BMK

When we returned from our last cruise we stored our luggage at barrachina and it worked out great. They do not charge you for the service but you do need to tip them when you pick up the bags. We left the bags and walked over to the fort then did some shopping and had lunch at Senor Frogs. It was a great day. Have a great cruise.
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:45 PM
hostess

Default Re: Re: AIRFAREin San Juan?

hi there, we are planning the adventurer of seas in sept, but have a few questions about the airfare? WE CAN GET IT CHEAPER OURSELVES, BUT THEN TAXI TO SHIP? BACK TO AIRPORT? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH A TAXI TO THE SHIP FROM AIRPORT RUNS? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? tHEN AFTER HOW MUCH TIIME DO YOU NEED AFTER YOU DOCK TO GET TO AIRPORT? tHANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: AIRFAREin San Juan?

Hi Hostess,
YOu can easily get a cab at the San Juan airport, just go to the taxi stand inside after you pick up your luggage. They will write out a ticket with the exact amount, about $18.00 depending on how much luggage you have. Then just go outside and get in the taxi line, takes about 20 minutes to half an hour depending on traffic. For your return to the airport from the pier, best bet is to have a flight around noon or after and there are plenty of taxi's to get you there. Remember to add the tip to the amount, thats not included.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Lara

The taxi to/from the ship/airport runs about $20. It is actually a bit less, but
there is a $1 or $2 charge per piece of luggage and once you add in the tip it
will be around $20. The trip will take about 20 minutes, though it could take
a little longer if there is traffic.

Lara
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Where do I put my luggage in San Juan?

You can also check your luggage at the airport. It's a few dollars per bag, but worth it. Then grab a cab or hotel shuttle to one of the resorts right on the beach (we went to the Marriott in Isla Verde). It was just a quick ride back to the airport, but make sure to leave time to reclaim your luggage.
Cheers,
MaryC
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Where do I put my luggage in San Juan?

MaryCruiser,

When is the last time you checked your luggage at the San Juan airport? I was told that because of security measures after Sept 11 that they would not allow you to do this. It would be great if they did, since I would feel more comfortable leaving it there.

Rose
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:02 PM
pamyla

I just looked at the barrachina web site, and it says they are only open 6 days a week. Something is telling me the day it's closed is Sunday, although it doesn't actually say when they are closed on the site. Does anyone know for sure?
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Where do I put my luggage in San Juan?

We just checked it there in February. They have a special room for it. The only thing bad about it was going from the ship to the airport, then back to Isla Verde, then back to the airport again (only because all those cab rides can add up). But we had all day to kill and it was worth getting rid of the luggage when we did.