Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:06 AM
ksmslsss

Default different destinations

My wife and I have been on 7 cruises,but never longer than 5 days .We are looking at a 7 day cruise on carnival.I have some questions on the destinations.One is a 7 day eastern on the carnival triumph and the other is a 7 day on the carnival destiny.the eastern carib on the Triumph leaves miami and stops in San Juan, St Marteen and the us virgin islands. the southern destinations our you leave out of san juan and stops at Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Roseau, Dominica; Bridgetown, Barbados; Oranjestad, Aruba.I would like some feed back on what ship you prefered and what destinations you enjoyed more.We have sailed carnival before.
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: different destinations

Destiny and Triumph are essentially sister ships. They were the first !00,000 ton ships in the Carnival fleet. Rooms are large by industry standards and they even have showers you can bend over in. Nice pool areas, public rooms and good entertainment venues.
I would personally prefer to sail from Miami , not San Juan. Just a travel preference.
San Juan is an interesting port and I enjoy the Old San Juan area which is only blocks from the pier. Great shopping and history, gambling if you like it, restaurants and clubs if you are there late enough. St Martin and St Thomas are both great stops for shopping and also great stops for beaches and water activities.

The other cruise offers a nice mix of shopping ports, water sports ports and maybe a taste of something different in the rain forests of Dominica.

I'd say you can't miss with either itinerary or ship.
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Dan p

Default Re: different destinations

No matter what, the ports are all good.We have been on 27 cruises and what we look for now is at least one port that we have not been to.