Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Mindee

Default cozumel beaches

Any recommendations on which beach in Cozumel is the nicest to just relax and swim all day. And are there any beach clubs/hotels where you can use the pool?
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: cozumel beaches

Mindee

We went to Chankanaab Park for the day and had a great time. It's a $10 taxi ride and $12/pp for adults and $6/pp for children. It is an absolutely beautiful place. Had showers, restrooms, lockers, restaturants, beach chairs, shade huts, botanical gardens, etc.... You can also book excursions there such as the Sea Trek, Dolphin Swim, Sea Lion Swim. They rent snorkel gear and you can snorkel right off the beach.
Hope this helps.

Darcy
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:30 AM
lomayalo

My favorite beach club is Nachi Cocom. It's usually not too crowded. The beach is very nice with palapas and comfortable chairs. The food is good and reasonably priced. And, they even have a pool with a swimup bar! You can't beat it.
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:17 PM
browezilla

I also like Chankanaak Park. Lots to do there and close to the dock. There's a new park on the SE corner called something like Punta Sur that looks like it would be a nice park also. There are plenty of beaches around if you're just looking for a beach with facilities.
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Passenger

by far i think playa del sol it has everything you can ask for water sports nice swim area a zoo for the kids price are good
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Mrsox

Default Re: Re: cozumel beaches

You cannot swim and just hang out at Punta Sur...it's a national park ...$6 admission includes an hour guided tour.

We spent some time at Nachi Cocum and liked it also...free use of beach chairs and palapas, on-site restaurant and bar, pool, hot tub, clean bathrooms etc. Right next door you can rent water toys (snorkel, jet skis etc). The snorkeling won't be really good at any of the beach clubs b/c they're all pretty sandy (not rocky where fish like to hang out). I've also read good reviews of Paradise Beach Club...just up the road from Nachi Cocum. (All the beach clubs are located on the same stretch of road...from where we were I could barely see Paradise Beach). If you have all day, you could try out 2 of them. Make sure to have time to browse thru all the shops and vendors in San Miguel also...great deals!

-Angie
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Yeoman

My favorite is Mr. Sanchos beach. The is no admittance fee. They have lounge chairs, and tables w/umbrellas. They are free as long as you buy some drinks/food from them. They will come right up to you to serve you. They also have a small pool, and clean restrooms. There are several little shops at the entrance that have better prices than in San Miguel or at the pier shops. Mr. Sanchos is down past San Francisco, Playa Sol, and Chacanaab park. Not sure on the taxi fee, probably about $12.00, as we have always rented a car when we are in Cozumel, and drive around the whole island to see what the other side is like. Hope this helps out. Web sites to check out:
www.cozumelinsider.com and www.travelnotes.cc will give you additional information you might find helpful.

Have a great cruise.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:33 PM
sportsqueen

If you don't need a pool and just want the beach, I would recommend Paradise Beach. No admission, although you are expected to buy at least one drink or some food. Drinks and food were excellent as was the service. Lots of comfortable beach chairs with umbrellas at water's edge. Very clean restrooms with shower/changing facilities. Had big water trampoline & one of those big inflatable icebergs (climb up one side, slide down the other). Massages and braiding were available for a fee. Parasailing, banana boat rides, & jet skis were available (again, for a fee). Probably not a great place for snorkeling (sandy beach). It was not crowded the day we were there (a Saturday), but there were also only 2 ships in port that day. We plan to go there again when we return to Cozumel.
Old May 30th, 2004, 01:58 PM
jwillard

We just got back yesterday from our cruise. We went to Mr. Sanchos in a cab for $15.00 and there were four of us. The beach is free and it is wonderful. We did some snorkeling from the beach. It was not a great snorkel area but alot of fun. We will definitly go back there.
Old May 30th, 2004, 11:02 PM
HOSKI

We really enjoyed Mr. Sanchos, it was nice and relaxing and had great food. This time we are doing Playa Sol for the activities for our daughter. Mr. Sanchos was a little too relaxed for her although she did fine.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:47 PM
leavensunday

Mr. Sanchos was awesome, our little cabana boy was more than happy to keep our thirst at bay-of course, if you tip them well, they treat you very well.
Old June 11th, 2004, 08:46 AM
kevin g

Mr Sanchos is the best, I cant wait to go back, we swam way out and did some great diving, the food is wonderful, drinks are cheap and nothing beats the clean beach and a cabana boy serving you all day, plus its FREE!!!
Old June 11th, 2004, 12:55 PM
mwfnaf

Does anyone know what the name of the beach is that the party boat takes their passengers to. I think it sounds like Paradise beach. At least the two times we have been there, there was an ice berg. I think it also had a little zoo that they tried to usher you thru past the shops.

I know that when I did some snorkeling there were these concrete statues that they had put out in the water for the fish to swim around.

There was also a pier that divided the beach.

Any help is great.

Mike
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:22 PM
pat2

Think that is Playa Del Sol! Happy Cruisin!
Old November 24th, 2004, 01:54 PM
javajack

I spent a day cruising the island and found Mr Sanchos to be a great place to relax . I also saw some of the best prices for blankets (anywhere, Cancun or Cozumel). Here are a couple of pictures.
Old November 26th, 2004, 11:33 AM
MikeNBec

Any topless beaches nearby?
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Passenger

The only topless area is a small club by punta sur at the southern tip of the island. It is best to rent a car to go there. I don't know the name of it but it is right where the road takes a hard turn to the north by the lighthouse. It is famous for a sign on the beach that says something like "topless only beyond this point" If you so choose, you can have your picture taken next to the sign or you can just look thru their photo album of others who were daring enough to do so.

Inspiration - April 2005 - 5 days West
Miracle - April 2006 - 7 days West caribbean (the wedding/honeymoon cruise)
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
marciaj

Anyone know of a road map I could purchase before my trip. I remember reading about it on these boards way back when my cruise seemed light-years away. Now it is right around the corner and I'm remembering all these things I wanted to do. As I remember it, it was a road map with info about beaches and restaurants/bars. The makers of the map had their own web-site and I think the cost was around $7. Guess I should have ordered way back then but thougt I had plenty of time. Our cruise is Jan. 3 and with Christmas it will be here oh so fast. We plan to rent a car and check out the island at our own pace. Thanks for any info, -marcia
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
reverendjeff

Go to www.cozumelinsider.com They have great information including maps to purchase.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:27 PM
marciaj

Default Re: Re: cozumel beaches

Thanks for info.--m
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Clint Leung

The best beaches in Cozumel are the ones on the other side of the island. You can rent a scooter or 4X4 to get there. Just drive and you will see them. I rented a scooter there once and it only took me 2 hours to go around the entire island.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Eskimo Inuit Art & Northwest Indian Art