Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Default Close Dolphin Encounter in Nassau

Has anyone done the Close Dolphin Encounter in Nassau? Is it worth the $92.00?? Thanks -

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2004, 05:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Close Dolphin Encounter in Nassau

There were two different ones, One was a encounter and the other was swim with the dolphins. We swam with the dolphins in Nov 2002. It was $145 and VERY much worth it. If you love dolphins, don't miss this chance. The swim with the dolphin is not offered on the cruise ship, we had to book it ourselves through them. SOOOOOOO much fun. It is probally the most fun I have ever had. Hope you enjoy
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Five of Us

My husband and I also did the dolphin swim...WOW... it was the highlight of our trip. Definately worth every penny! We even bought the video, after exeriencing something like that I had to have it on video.
Have a Great Time
Cari
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We also did the dolphin swim and it was great. I would definitely spend the extra money to do the swim vs. the encounter.
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:53 AM
hwireman6890@yahoo.com

Can you post the site that you book the swim through please?

Thank you.
Old June 7th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Passenger

Old June 8th, 2004, 12:13 PM
cotegirlsmom

I have booked the Swim with the Dolphins for our three daughters 12, 16, 18 (Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean July 25). My husband and I were just going to observe. Now I'm wondering if we should do it also?
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Admiral

YES YES YES. I was just going to watch and decided to join my daughter, sister, and her boyfriend and I am glad I did. I was 47 and I am telling you it is the most exciting time I have had. If you love dolphins you won't regret it!!!!
Old June 8th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Passenger

the best experience I ever had was swimming with the dolphins!!!!! You get to pet, kiss, hug, dance, they jump over you and the best yet is when you lay flat out in the water and they push you across the water with their nose against your feet!!! AWESOME
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Melanie H

what woud u recommend the encounter or the swim???? IS it worth the money? How much was the video and the pictures that they took fo you?
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee

I also did the swim and I am here to tell you that it was the most exciting thing that I have ever done. I have always love dolphins and this was the prime opportunity to get to be one on one with them. Now my mom does not like fish but she swam with them as well and she had a blast. I can honestly say that is an experience that I will NEVER forget in my entire life time. If you have the extra money, I would say GO FOR IT. It is defiently worth every penny you spend on it and even the pictures and video afterwards are worth the money. I hope you decide to swim and if you do, ENJOY!!!!!!!

Post Edited (06-09-04 13:06)
Old June 9th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Passenger

Melanie,
Not positive on prices, it was a few years ago. If I had to guess what I spent on pics and video I would say no more than 75-100. Another nice thing is its a video of your whole group. My husband and I did the swim, it was so great that when our children are all old enough we will do it again!!
Go For It You Won't Be Dissapointed.
Cari
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Melanie H

Thank you so much for the advice you have made me want to do it even more now. Now i will have to talk my aunt into it, but its something i have always wanted to do so i was making sure that it was worth the money cause it does cost alot. a couple more questions sorry. How many people would u say are in the group with you. And is there alot of swimming time with the dolphins how long would u say? hope to hear back from you guys thanks for responding

october 10 going on the explorer!!!!!!
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Admiral

I think the video was around 45 or so. Also they take pictures. One of the dolphin kissing you, one of the dolphin and everyone in your personal group. They will take one any way you want it. My daughter had them take one of the dolphin kissing her on one cheek and her boyfriend kissing her on the other. It is cute. They have a package deal , you know so many pictures and the video. There were 8 in our group with 2 dolphins. The break you up into groups and you are in the water in different areas. You get to interact with them and touch them a lot. We were in the water about a hour and a half. I am telling you I am not one who would have spent the money to do this but I am SURE glad I did. Go all the way!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Melanie H

Thank you so much, so do the dolphins push you through the water because i have heard that before? thanks again for the advie i need all the advice i can to make sure it's worth the money since i have to work for it.
Old June 10th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Close Dolphin Encounter in Nassau

We did the dolphin swim in the Bahamas and yes they did push you through the water. It was amazing, I was a little nervous at first, but it was great!! I am not sure where you are going so you should ask when booking. I would also suggest to book as soon as possible. I booked 3 months out and we got in on a cancellation. As far as time with the dolphins.. I would say about an hour in the water. The trainers first give you a lesson, go over the do's and don'ts. Then everyone trys to put on a wetsuit thats already wet.. that was fun! and off you go to play.
I say work those extra hours and enjoy your swim.
Cari
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

When we were there in 2003 the video was $50 and I bought the entire picture package and it was another $50. You can also bring your own underwater cameras with you and take your own pictures.