Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:09 AM
TiaK

Default Key West, Cozumel, and Belize city

Hi!
We're planning a first-time cruise on Enchantment to Key West, Cozumel, and Belize City with my in-laws who are in their late 60's and not in good health. They have heart and breathing problems and are unable to walk long distances.

Any recommendations on excursions with these limits in mind?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:46 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Key West, Cozumel, and Belize city

Chanakaab (spelling?) park in Cozumel is wonderful place to hang, even watch people with the dolphins and have some food and drinks.
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:53 PM
J & V

TiaK, My husband and I were in Key West last month and we took the trolley around Key West. We didn't book through the ship. We just got our tickets on our own (that saved about $5.00 p/p). Once you get off the ship (at least where we (Jubilee) were docked), you'll walk through a shop and on the other side of the shop is the ticket booth. We opted for the trolley because you can get off and back on at your leisure. (The train does not stop) I am limited with my walking as well so we just chose a few places to get off. Such as: the furtherestmost point We enjoyed the ride and the driver does talk about Key West and it's history.

Hope that will help with Key West. Hope you all have a wonderful time!
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:00 AM
SL

My wife and I did this same trip for our Honeymoon on May 24th. I agree with the previous post for Key West and For Cozumel. Chankanaab is a $10 cab ride from the pier. Ver nice place to go and relax. Food, drinks, bathrooms (with showers) are all available. Belize on the other hand is nice, however I believe most excursions require a lot of walking. We chose to go to Caye Caulker (which is a tiny island off the coast) and just hang out. There are some small shops and it is very quiet. Check out www.coralbreezelimited.com for info. This is who we booked through. Hope this helps...any questions send me an e-mail.
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:43 AM
TiaK

Thanks you all so much for the advise...I really appreciate it! Those are all great idea!
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Shell899

Hi
We are leaving the 21st of June on this ship same destinations. I'll post a review for you on it. We have no planned tours for Key West. Been there done that. We live in Tampa florida and vacationed several years in the Keys for a week.
In Cozumel We are going out on a dive/snorkel combo baost with Blue Angel Dive Shop they operate a combo boat that takes divers and snorklers out together. My hubby dives.
i just snorkle. this way we can be together for the tour and have lunch together after he does his dive.
We are scheduled for the same type of trip with Coral Breeze in Belize. For a caye and the shark/stingray trip.
Kinda worried not booking with the cruiseline and going with the private operator but hey if we atch our watches. So far it appears we'll arrive back in town with several hours to spare. Hate it that we don't get into Cozumel until 10am gonna be a rush to get to the dive shop. But it will all work out.

We are so looking forward to this. it is our first Cruise. My hubby just turned 40 on the 5th of June, the 23rd of June is our 20th Anniversary, I recieved a promotion at work, This is our first vacaction without the daughter (19) she just completed her first year in college, and doesn't wanna go with us anyway lol.

Old June 12th, 2004, 08:33 AM
nacho

TiaK I would recommend the Altun Ha tour in Belize. It is not a large site, but the history and temples are nice (if u are into Maya history). The walk around is not hard to do and you will have enough time for shopping when you get back from the tour. My name is Nacho and i am a tour guide here in Belize. If you need more info please feel free to contact me at kip2299@yahoo.com
Nacho
Old June 13th, 2004, 06:22 AM
mcwny

Default Re: Re: Key West, Cozumel, and Belize city

can you please report back on this ship and itinerary, i am considering booking this for march 05. thanks
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Yeoman

We did the Altun Ha/ River Wallace excursion. Didn't know they had just the the Altun Ha alone. Anyways, there was a lot of walking to tour it all. YOu can see some from the distance, but not see it all. So not sure if I'd rec. that excursion. Just not sure what you consider too much walking. We went in September and it was VERY hot and humid. Took a lot out of us and we're in our late 30's.

Cozumel we did Chankanaab Park as well. Lots there pretty close by. You can just sit on the beach if you want. Nice place to spend the day.

Key West- I'd rec.the trolley as well. This wasn't our favorite port. Again, very hot and humid when we went. So that didn't help. But you can learn about the place and just sit there.

Have fun!
Old June 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
red47

Default Re: Re: Key West, Cozumel, and Belize city

Dear Shell899,
Never worry about missing the ship..when you contract with an independent they will always make sure you are back in time...just tell them when the ships sails..although most already know this! In 20 years of crusing we've never been late or sorry we booked "off ship"
Congratulations and happy crusing!