For those who've done Orient Beach on St Martins, I need some clarification.
From what I understand, you can get off the ship and take a cab to Orient Beach. One end of the beach is more "clothing optional" than the other. At Orient beach there are a number of bars/restaurants fronting the water. These places allow you to rent a couple chairs and an umbrella for a price which usually includes a couple drinks. They also have waiters that can bring you food from the bars at an additonal costs. Am I right?
We're going to be there in December and need clarification on a few things:
1. Cab cost from the pier to Orient Beach and return
2. Good choice of bar location for a couple of "50 somethings" who aren't into headbanging rock music and loud boozing. (beach music, tropical drinks and mild nudity not a problem)
3. Cost of renting chairs & umbrella--is a drink included in the price?
4. How is food served? Delivered to your chair, or must you go the the restaurant?
5. Cost for a meal at these places.
Appreciate any tips on making our trip to Orient Beach easy, fun and affordable.