Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Passenger

Default Godfrey tour

Has anyone done the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas? How was it?
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: Godfrey tour

I hope someone answers,as some cruise buddies and I are going on it in Sept-the 21st for us (Caribbean Princess) and 22nd for the Mariner of the Seas. Lynne

Old June 19th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I just saw on another post that Godfrey offers 2 hours of shopping, 2 hours of van tour, and 2 hours of beach.The excursion comes in that order,no mixing and matching-like the van tour first--that comes at noon. You can do one thing or all 3. I think the other post might be titled St.Thomas Excursions, or something about Godfrey. Lynne

Old June 20th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Mark&Deb

We tried it - perfect! Other cabs, etc outside trying to pick up rides - we said we were waiting for Godfrey & they didn't bug us anymore. He came w/a sign w/our name on it. Open air bus - fun & music on the bus wasn't obnoxious. He dropped us off to shop, toured us around, up to Moutain Top & helped everyone with their cameras & pics. You can leave your shopping stuff on the bus w/him when you go to the beach - it is safe. Then he drops you off for 2hrs of whatever beach you want: Magen's, Coki or Sapphire I believe - we chose Coki & had a wonderful time snorkeling but still got to see Magen's. Then he picks you up & gets you back to your ship in plenty of time before sailing - you don't pay him until he gets you back to your ship ($20) it was one of the best $20 we spent that trip.

Mark&Deb
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:36 PM
First Mate

I agree as well - two thumbs up. We did Godfrey's tour while on a cruise - after our beach wedding and catamaran reception, he picked us up in Red Hook (our request). We were a little different because we chartered his entire tour due to our size, so we could customize it slightly to meet our needs. Pics from the tour: http://www.cmgoddard.com/pages/3/index.htm Godfrey was very informative and well worth the $20 plus tip!

~ Mandy
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:48 AM
Passenger

I did the Godfrey tour on June 7th and it was great. Shopping first two hours and then the bus tour to various scenic sights and then your choice of Megan's Bay, Coki Beach or Sapphire Beach. I went to Coki beach (less crowded) and it was beautiful. Godfrey was a great tour guide and we had a great time and you can't beat the value.

Old June 21st, 2004, 06:50 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Those are great reviews! Do all of you choose the same beach, or do the individuals on the tour chose the beach of preference? We will be going with three others with whom we've been corresponding, so I guess we'll stick together. It sounds as if Coki Beach is a good choice. I'm glad you all had such a good time. How many were on the Tour with you? We are anxiously awaiting our cruise now!! Lynne

Old July 9th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Mel Poblocki

Godfrey lists both Limo and Safari transportation. What is the cost differential? Does the Limo give you greater flexability in choosing your destinations and their order?
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:52 PM
First Mate

We went to Sapphire, and the coral was not that great that we snorkeled over. We chose Sapphire because it was a resort area and those in our group who did not want to get in the water could sit very close to the water in comfortable chairs/tables in the shade. We personally prefer the snorkeling/beaches on St John but wanted to give our families a taste of St Thomas after the wedding/reception. Magen's is not known for snorkeling. Here is a good link to descriptions of St Thomas beaches: http://www.vinow.com/stthomas/beaches_stt/

Mel - You might want to email Godfrey on those questions. I have not read of anyone who has used his limo services, so he might be the source you need for your answers. As far as flexibility on the big tours, you are grouped with others from various cruiselines - so that is something to keep in mind. If you have a big group like we did, you could email him about making it a 'private group tour' and that definitely then gives you flexibility like it did us.