Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: Mr. Bon & the Bon Girls!!!

Hi Gang
I guess we are all busy-or just let some other folks get to the top of the Board! I sent pictures to Carol, Spook, J Bon. Ashee, I figure you get the same ones as your mom. Haven't checked in with L'l Sister. I hope you all got them. I sent one locally to see if the system worked and it did, as I got a reply to it from my friend. I sent one to me to see if the system worked-with the Bolts picture, but I haven't seen that one yet. Hmmmmn.

Got to go to work.It's donut day again. My boss is gone for a week. *smile*. Bye.
Lynnie

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Night Y'all
It's going on 10PM and pretty soon this rose is going to turn into a pumpkin!! This computer of mine has really been acting screwy tonight. Could hardly get in earlier this evening.Things seem to be working now.Trevor thinks it was a server problem. I'm glad things appear to be back to normal. I would suffer from extreme withdrawal if I couldn't get on here to check on us.

I trust everybody is well out there! Lynnie

Old July 10th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning, Y'all
It's 7:41AM on a Saturday. I know what you're asking, "Why are you up so early?" Well, I had the need to get up, and then since it was almost light out anyway and the alarm was due to go off in a half hour, I just decided to stay up. Plus, I'm the "guest preacher" in Chapel at work at 9AM.The scheduled one got called out of town on a family emergency, and our chaplain was already out of town and only got home yesterday afternoon. She called me and we decided that she'd do the opening, hymns, prayers, give a short report on the meeting she attended in North Carolina, and then I'd give the message.As it was, Ellen had a meeting last night and wouldn't have time to prepare.I'm not going to do any in depth sermonizing like I usually do, but do a program that I did for a ladies group at church a couple of years ago. It's already written.

So, here I am working on my day off--but it's on my own time--so I'm volunteering for the cause.

Last night Trevor beat me at Scrabble. We haven't played all week, as I've been in here on the computer looking for all of you.I've been in to a couple of different sites and met up with some folks from Montreal and Toronto, my original digs, so it's been fun catching up on changes to the homefront. The one from Montreal just returned from her Caribbean Princess cruise. She wishes she were still on it!

That's it for now. I know that you've been in rehab, Ashee, and have been having to drive to Dayton every day.That can be a drag.

Bye. Lynnie

Old July 10th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Well hello everyone!!! Thought I had better check in with you all so you didn't think I fell off the face of the earth. Not much really going on here. Just got done cleaning my house. Ashley has a bad cold and she is on the couch. Her rehab is going pretty good. Except for being sore, she is learning a lot. I am going to go watch her on Friday. It is suppose to rain here tonight, I hope so. the grass is getting pretty brown.

Hey, how about that countdown!!!!!!!!! 10 weeks to go!!!!!!! I like 69 days better as he don't sound as long. I think time is going really fast now.

The guys must be in the pasture as we have not heard from them in awhile. I know they are having fun.

I think it is your turn Lynne to beat Treavor at scrabble.

Well I am going to go check out some other boards. Talk to you all later. Hope everyone had a great weekend
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Carol, I'm glad that you checked in here. I saw you on another board last night.When there's no action here, we start wandering, don't we!!!!

Had an easy going day. We played two games of Scrabble outside in our screen room with the ceiling fan on HIGH. Trevor won both games, but I could have won the second one had he not come up with a double word with an H in it at the last minute. He only beat me by 10 points. It was too hot today to do much else.

I'm going to check my other boards, too and then hit the hay.It's going on 10PM and my eyelids are getting droopy. Most of the afternoon I read through some magazines.

Yes, 69 days seems much better. Goodnight! Lynnie

Hey guys, we're missing you!!!

Old July 12th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Did any of you get the Ft. Lauderdale pictures I sent you? I'm just wondering if my software is working,as I've heard no mention of them. Lynne

Old July 13th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lynne, Yes I did get the pictures, sorry old age must be getting to me. I live the one of you and the ship. Ashley has not seen it yet. Ashley is going to get you your place mat this week. E-mail me your address so we can mail it.

The boys must really be playing hard out there in Utah. I do miss talking with them.

Sounds like you are giving Trevor a run for his money in scrabble. Keep it up you will get him. I have lots to do here today at work so I must get busy. Have a GREAT day
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Trevor just left for the Chrysler dealer to have the second CD player in 2 years replaced. I'm just glad we were able to get our 6 CDs back this time, from the Dealer, after Trevor called Chrysler to complain about the possibility of not getting them back.

My address is:
Lynne Warman 3140 E. Pebble Creek Dr. Avon Park Florida 33825

(The tab didn't really work to put the address the correct way). I will be eagerly awaiting my placemat. Is Ashee going to autograph it for me?? (you, too?)

Yes, I miss the guys, too. Funny how quiet things get when we're left to ourselves!!

I trust your day will go very well. Lynne
Thanks for responding about the pictures.

Old July 13th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I just saw on the other site that the Sept. 18 group on that thread is meeting at the Aft pool somewhere around noonish. That is assuming that we can check in around 11:30 and get to on board in 20 minutes. I post on that board, too, and told them that I would pass the info on to my other friends--YOU. I've already relayed this info to a couple of threads on the general board on this site. I'll let you know if anything changes. Lynne

Ashee, how are you doing?? Lynne

Old July 14th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Another day down and closer to our special day. Our plane does not arrive until 12:30 so we probally will not get to the ship until around 1:30 or so, but I will be sure to come to the pool and try and find you guys.

Ashley is doing pretty good. She really likes the program. She is still pretty sore. They told her yesterday there goal for her was to get her completely out of pain. That would be great!!!! Tonight she is taking her Dad and her Grandma out to dinner for her Dad's Birthday. Dominic's!!!!!!! When we lived in Dayton years aga when he got out of the Navy, that was his favorite place to eat. I told Ashley that so she thought she would surprise him and take him there. I can smell the garlic just talking about it. We will send you the place mat along with our picture as we can't seem to get it e-mailed to you.

I must get busy, as I have sooooo much to do today.

GUYS, WHERE ARE YOU?????????
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Girls!!! Just wanted to take a second and say hi. Sorry I haven't been here for you, it's my busy time of the year and I know Perfect Rose has Trevor, Lushes has TIM and I'm sure that trouble has a few therapist in her Radar. I hope all is WELL.

p.s. Lushes do you think you could let Tim out tomorrow night we're surpose to see him in concert?

J Bon

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi J Bon,
It is so-o-o-o nice to hear from you. I figured you were on somewhere because I've seen this change in picture before. We gals have been suffering from withdrawal without our fearless leader. Have you gotten the pictures I sent through recently?

Ashee, how was Dominic's? I read your mom's post before I went to work today and just drooled all day long. I will look forward to my placemat and the picture of you and your mom. I hope you had a nice birthday party with your dad and grandmother.

I hope we can get these get-togethers on the day of sailing coordinated. I'm fully expecting that it isn't a closed party, but for all of us who want to meet-since it's the Princess Roll Call Board for our date, on which I've been posting. I'll have to see if anyone over there is getting a manifest together.We all need to be on the same page.

Well, it's 10:08PM. This evening has been spent playing Scrabble. I won the first game-after losing 5 in a row this past week. However, Trevor couldn't stand that, so we played another game, and, of course, he swamped me again! Now, he's telling me it's my bedtime-I just was able to get on here at 9:30. Gee Whiz!!

So, goodnight for now. Again, J Bon, so nice to hear from you!!!! It's too quiet when you and Spook aren't with us!! "Perfect Rose" Bon Girl.

By the way, I will be wearing either something with rose on it, or my Bolts hat, when we board on the 18th. Lynnie

Old July 14th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our Dearest Rose, wear what you like but a Rose is so fitting for your Bon Voyage Evening!!! I'm so sorry but I'm havent received any pictures.

Trouble, can we pretend It's my B-day soon.........? Dominic's sounds and smells Soooooo good.

Lushes, OK I'm not so worried about Tim but I would like to see you know WHO!!!

J Bon

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old July 15th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!!1 It was sooooo good to hear from you Bon. We very well missed you. Yes I will let Tim out tonight so you can see him. If you could please do something with that wife of his, she kinda gets in my way!!!!!. Somehow I don't think any man would have trouble doing something with her. She is beautiful. He did bring her out for one song. Let me know how you like the concert. Tell Mrs. Bon to be prepared, he is HOT.

Lynnie, I am glad you won a few games of scrablle. They can't win all of the time or there ego gets to big.

Hey Bon, have you seen Spook? I bet he has been out with that pretty horse of his.

Ashley did enjoy her dinner last night. Her Dad has not been there since we were married. It was his favorite place to go when we lived in Dayton. She said he loved it. It has been over 10 years since he had been there. She has you place mat. We will get it in the mail tomorrow. Get ready.

Must get busy for awhile. Glad you checked in Bon, and Rose I will see you in 65 days

Old July 15th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Lynne &Trevor

J Bon,
I'm so disappointed that you haven't gotten any of the pictures. Check with Spook-he got his so maybe he'll share. Is the file too big?? Lushes just got hers. I'll send you another one, and let me know if you get it.

I will definitely try to find something with roses on it! Can't go incognito on this trip.

I'm glad that Ashee had a good meal and time with Dad. I will be anxiously anticipating my placemat!!

Lushes, have you checked the Roll Call Board for our Cruise-if you have, then forgive me for asking-my memory is getting so short these days. RichArch is trying to get an manifesto together. Come to think about it--I did see you there! You had to send in another post with your cabin numbers on it!!

Better go for now. I'm trying to eat and type at the same time and Trevor is talking in my other ear.

Have a good evening, Y'all!!!! Lynnie Hi Spook!

Old July 16th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Carol-both threads are in operation for the 9/18 Roll Call-this one,and the one for Critics. Some of those folks have now come over here and checked in.Rich is going to do a nice job on the Manifesto. I seem to be involved in the Coordination of a meeting,by way of being a liaison between both boards.Quite unintentional,but wanted to relay the information over here.

We got our pre-cruise documents today-have you gotten yours yet? It's got the excursion brochure in it.We already had the bigger book with the itineraries, etc, in it.Trevor requested that months ago.It's how I followed the Golden Princess to the Southern Caribbean May 23-used the map and itinerary in on that route every day to know where they were.

Gee, I'm really tired tonight. I've been told I've looked tired by residents for the last couple of days. I think I really get eyestrain looking at these boards for a long time. However, I HAVE to check in-you're all like family.

So, Y'all, I'm off of here for tonight. On Sunday, we're going to Orlando to meet with a cruisers group.We were invited by someone on another board. That was very nice of them to include us. No other big plans for the weekend except to get my hair permed!

Nighty Night!! Lynnie

Old July 17th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Hi Lynne, Yes we received our pre cruise info. That means it is getting closer. I am ready to go now. The way I see it if you are looking tired, you need time off so let the cruise begin. That sounds fun to go meet some cruise people. How far are you from Orlando? That is where Ashley wants to go next year. We have not been to Disney since our Disney cruise in 1998. We did not have enough time to see everything. She has been there also when she was 4 and again when she was 8 but she is wanting to go back. So we may just go there instead of cruising next year. Don't know of any good reasonable places to stay close by do ya? We are thinking of going in Feb or March. What is the weather like then? Nothing going on much here today. Angine is on vacation in Texas and Ashley went camping for the weekend so I am on my own. I need to clean but don't seem to want to. Right now a nap is sounding good. Cleaning NEVER sounds good. I have not checked out the critic board, maybe I will try. Talk to you later, will be mailing your placemat and picture on Monday, so get ready. I need to get a bigger envelope at work. Let me know about your weekend.

Old July 17th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Lynne &Trevor

HiYa,
Orlando is about 1 hour from here.It's really not too bad, as Disneyworld is among the first exits on I-4 off Highway 27. If you look at a map of Florida, Avon Park is off of 27.We live between Avon Park and Sebring-3miles north of the Sebring City Limits. In fact, we have an Avon Park address, and a Sebring phone number--at the moment.

On Monday, Broadband is being installed in our house, which means, our email address will be changing, (no more dial-up-computer will be always "on", when it's turned on) and, we won't have a regular phone anymore. We will be relying on our cell phones, one of which will always have to be on.Complicated,but, I guess, necessary.

Earlier tonight I was filling out the immigration information in the packet. Last year Trevor did it on line, and he did it online already this time, BUT, I don't want to get into the situation where the volunteers guiding us through the line ask for a hard copy of it, like they did last year.I did notice that the big cruise book has different information in it than the one we'd received earlier in the mail.This is just info-the other one has the itineraries, deck plans,etc.

I really hope that you and Ashee come down here next year. I don't know too much about the hotels around there, except that my parents always stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel (part of Disneyworld) when they came down from the North.And, Jamie, my elder son, stayed at the Clarion, I believe.It's a pink hotel near Universal Studios.His travel agent had made the reservatons with the plan to go to Universal. He found out when he got there that the park closes at 6PM in the off season. I don't remember if that is the time he came down in March, but I think that is the case.So, check that out first. He only planned to stay one night there,anyway, and Trevor picked him up and brought him down to the house.

Believe it or not, Florida does have seasons! It will be pleasant to you, after a cold winter in Ohio, and the Native Floridians love it cooler.The temps will be in the 70's maybe. It's always good to check before you come because we've been known to have light frosts around then. Our state Strawberry Festival in Plant City, is in Feb, I think, and the last couple of years has found them very nervous about a couple of weeks before the Festival when a cold front drops down unexpectedly.

That's it for tonight. I was on here at 8AM already and here it is 9:25! I had my hair permed today. I feel much better, and some of the gray is gone, too--an added bonus!

I hope Ashee has a good time camping.As I said, I'd need a Winnebago bus, with all the ammenities! Goodnight! Lynnie

Old July 17th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Hey Lynne looks like we are on here at the same time. I am bored with noting to do. I have been on this thing for hours and I think I had better get off. Let me know what your e-mail address is so that I can put you on my Buddy list so I know when you are on. Take care and have a fun weekend.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 18th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Great minds think alike.Trevor sometimes almost has to tear me off of here.

We just returned from Orlando where we had lunch with some fine folks who seemed to have known each other for awhile through the Boards or from other cruises. It was a really nice group of people and I think we blended well. Of course, we took pictures of all of us at the table,on the patio and on the inside so be checking out the People Board,specifically, in the next day or so and you may see our picture.Being the kind of person I am, I went around the table and stood next to different people for each shot. A nice young guy from an upper level offered to take our picture when Trevor started taking them. OK.Then everyone in the group handed him their camera! When we left, I offered some hugs.

It has been intermittantly raining all day, and as I sit here looking out my window, the skies have opened up and it is pouring. Thankfully, we only ran into batches of rain here and there but not the steady stuff. It is good for napping, and that is what Trevor is doing!

These new cruise friends have cruised on several different ships, and it seemed like often. One gentleman and his wife have travelled all over the USA and on about 200 cruises, to just about everywhere. They are trying to figure out a new place to go!

So, that has been our Sunday. I was up at 7AM and just about fell asleep in the car on the way home.That Margarita was pretty good! I don't drink them often, but enjoy them when I do!

I'll let you know the email when I get it. Have a relaxing evening! Lynnie

Old July 18th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Hi Lynne, sounds like you had a great time. It was suppose to rain here today but it has not. I had to go out and water the flowers. I didn't do much today. Went shopping for awhile to get a present for my Great Neice as her birthday is tomorrow then went to my brothers for awhile. I guess I am pretty lost without Angie and Ashley. Boring weekend. Ashley is back. She had a good time camping. She said they went paint balling and she loved it. Her pain is getting much better. They think she will be back to work very soon. Her pain level went from a 8-9 to a 4-5 in just 2 weeks. They have really worked hard on her. 200 cruises, that would be wonderful. I love to cruise that would be what I would love to do when I retire. I will probally have to work until I die. What a life. I have to save for a year or so for mine. HAHA.

Well I am going to go. The guys must really be having a good time out there.

Have a good Monday

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 19th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Lynne, Placemat and picture are in envelope and I will mail them at the post office today. You should get it Wed or so, let me know. I finally figured out how to get my clock and picture to work at work !!!! I had to log in, then I have my profile.
Have a good Monday

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 19th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
It's 7:18PM and have been fiddling with our new broadband connection.We finally figured out what our new email address is.It's very long, but was given to us, along with the password.Trevor will probably change it after we've all gotten used to the new one.

That's great news about Ashee's pain. With the pain level a lot lower,she can enjoy life so much better.

I've had another couple email me today-Linda and Eric-about the cruise. They're on the Dolphin Deck. I don't have their info right in front of me, but he's a Casino 21 Dealer.Boy, does Trevor have a lot to ask him!!

I'm glad that Rich and Fran will be joining us with Godrey. He was given 3 times to leave and asked when we were going. He also asked about beaches, and I told him that we had talked about Coki--the other choice is Sapphire. Orient is NOT a choice! He's going on the Regatta on St. Maarten the next day so don't know how much energy he'll want to expend with Godrey.

It is getting more exciting now that the cruise is getting closer. I saw on the other site that people had planned get-togethers but then only about half or less showed up.Also, on the Cruise Critic Board-or in the newsletter-it talks about a Meet and Mingle "official" meeting and get-together where the Cruise Staff gets involved. I don't know what that entails.There's a meeting room,etc. I'll email Rich and see if we should pursue that or just keep it informal.

That's it for now. The group I was with on Sunday is now aware of the "Bon" connection.
I'm not sure if any of them will take a peek but if they do, "Hi, Jack!" "Hi,Ray".
Take care. Lynnie

Old July 20th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Lynne!!! Well the envelope was mailed at the post office last night. A little peice of Ohio is on it's way. Also a picture of Ashley and I that was taken last December. The only difference is our hair is now longer. I don't know, pictures always make you look better, but you should still be able to know who we are when we pass each other.
At 5pm we will be in the 50's!!!!!!!!! I seen Angie last night at my neice's Birthday party and told her she had better get on and get caught up!!!! I think Eric needs to give us all some lessons and show us the ropes and we could win enough money to go on another cruise together!!1 Sounds like a winner to me.

I am glad Rich and Fran will be joining us also. Yep Coki beach is the one we are wanting to go to. I am not a Orient beach kid of girl. Or should I say my body is not a Orient beach kind of body. Anyway soulds like that is what we all would like.
Must get busy, let me know when you get your package.

Have a great Tuesday.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 20th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee

Hi everyone!!!! Sorry that I have not posted in awhile. I have been concentrating on getting my pain level down. And it is comming down fast. I am feeling soo much better that I am beside myself. I am much better to be around as I am less grouchy, (just ask my mom). I missed talking to you all. My mom has kept me posted. Lynne the placemat is on its way. I wanted to smear some food on it but I thought I better not. I had a wonderful time at dinner. Well I am going to get off of here. I am gettting in our hot tub, me and mom. So i will talk to you all later and I hope you all take care. See ya.

Old July 20th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
It's now 10:47PM .I posted on the Roll Call board earlier and after a 4-5 paragraph "letter" lost it because I got distracted and pushed "back" instead of "post''. Ooh, I was So-o-o-o upset. Trevor had just gotten home from poker and wanted to show me a couple of things he's discovered with the new system we're on.
Carol, I've emailed you on your home computer.The new email is working but we'll probably change it again at some point to one that doesn't include Trevor's full name.
I also gave you our cell phone numbers.

Coki Beach sounds good. Glad you're back with us Ashee. I've missed you. I'll be waiting anxiously for the mail=but won't get it until I get home from work.

I'm going to close for tonight-very tired as usual. I won at Bunco as you will see in your email.
Goodnight. Hey,Guys, you're working overtime, or have already gone on another trip!
Take care. Lynnie

Old July 21st, 2004, 04:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lynne, I received your e-mail this morning. I can't wait until you get your mail tonight. It is always good to put a face to people when you are e-mailing. Can't believe tose numbers!!!!! They are falling fast. My life is crazy this week, I wish I was going now 59 59 59 59 59 59 59!!!!!!!!!

Yes I think our leader is out on a mission.
Have a good day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 21st, 2004, 06:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
It's very overcast here this morning, no sun even in the East!

I'll be looking for my envelope when I get home from work. I have choir practice tonight for the first time in 3 weeks, so may not have time to post until after I get home. I have to sing on Sunday--"You Raise Me Up" by Josh Grogan. It will be interesting because the choir director has been gone for a couple of weeks and our only time to practice is tonight after rehearsal.She has made me a tape to practice by, as we had to lower the song by one whole step.

Bye for now. Have a great day. Yes, 59 days! I'm starting to put a "things to do" list into my head now.
Lynnie

Old July 21st, 2004, 03:36 PM
Passenger

I didn't fall off the face of the earth. We have been on vacation and now trying to get everything caught up since we were gone. I am ready for my BIG vacation in 59 days!!! I finally got to look at the pictures. The horses and scenery were beautiul. We are going riding Sunday and possibly camping with the horses next weekend depending on the weather. My son and husband were looking at the pictures also and we all 3 said Trevor looked really familar. He has a twin in Springfield!!! The guy that sells us our cars looks just like him. Can't wait to meet in person and have a great cruise!!!! Talk to everyone the next time I get on this crazy computer!!
Angie aka Carol's lil sis
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:33 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I'm crying! The envelope didn't arrive today,so will have to wait until tomorrow.

Trevor used to work at the Forest Park Post Office on North Main St in Dayton. He was there for at least 15 years.The twin you're talking about is news to him!!! Although, before we bought our new car, Trevor could have been a car salesman-he studied all of them and the deals long enough!

Well, I'm going out to choir practice in a few minutes. I went to the Chiropractor today. He's a year older than Jamie, so I hesitate calling him Dr.! I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in!!

Nice to hear from you Angie!!! I'm waiting to meet you,too. Trevor isn't too happy; I have won the last two Scrabble games in a row!

Bye. Lynnie