Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee
Default Mr. Bon & the Bon Girls!!!

Hey everyone hope all your weekends were great. I decided our other board was getting too big so I created a new one. Lynne are you getting excited? Isn't it this up comming weekend that you see our boat? You may get to see the outside but you won't the inside. I am getting very anxious, I want to go tomorrow. Well hopefully the time will go fast. Talk to you all later.

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Mr. Bon & the Bon Girls!!!

I was watching a comdiean on TV last night and he told a joke: "I walked into a music store and I saw a bunch of thugs and I figured that a rapper must have died because all their pants were at half mass." I died laughing when I heard that. That was some funny stuff. Well I am going for the night. I will talk to all you guys later. if you ever start to talk.

Old June 28th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Passenger

I tried to do something but it would not let me ohwell

Post Edited (06-28-04 15:39)

Old June 28th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Ashee!
Don't you just hate it when you're the only one on and you end up talking to yourself??? Yes, we will be in Ft. Lauderdale this July 4 weekend and will see "our" ship. I'm really excited about that. Only this time we won't be up at 5AM to watch her come in. We're leaving here early Saturday morning, so I have Friday evening to unwind from work and pack a few things. We're going to be spending more time on the beach, Trevor informed me so I have to take my bathing suit, plenty of sunscreen, blanket, hat, a good book, plenty of water. He's taking the lawn chairs, big umbrella and a cooler full of "liquid refreshments". We will have some ginger ales in there! We'll pretend that we're on a Caribbean Island. I'm glad Trevor called down there today, as we got the last available room at the little motel where we stay.It's all booked up. I wonder if it will be full of cruisers, as I've recommended this place as a good place to spend the night.
Talk to you later, perhaps.It's now 7:20PM Monday. Lynnie

Old June 29th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Hello all. Lynne, I finally got your picture, thanks. Ashley and I are going to try and scan our picture tonight to send you, wish us luck. A weekend at the beach sounds wonderful!!! Wish I lived that close. You can have this Ohio weather. J-Bon how are you? What is going on in your world? Ashley just received her approval for her pain clinic. YEAH!!!! Looks like she will start on Monday. Lets get the pain away so she can enjoy the cruise and get back to really working!!! She has been slacking for a year now. . Don't yell at me Ashley. She does miss taking care of the residents. Not me, I couldn't do taht part. When she becomes a nurse she wants to work at Children's in Dayton. That is her real love. I am at work and on my break so I must get busy now. Talk to you all later.
Lushes
Old June 29th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I sent you about 4-5 altogether, I think, Carol, so if you want any of the others, let me know. I just sent the 2 of us so you'd see what we both look like.
Good for Ashee, she's on her way. I have to get going. My ride will be here in a couple of minutes. I answered on the other board,too. Bye. Love, Lynnie

Old June 30th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Ashley and I did not get to scan the picture last night, we hope to get to it tonight. Bon must really be a busy man these days as we have not heard from him. Yes indeed send the pictures on. It is Ok to use my work, they don't care. It is almost time for you to go enjoy the beach and to see our BEAUTIFUL ship, you lucky thing. Not musch new here in Ohio. The weather has been a little weird. Lots of rain for this time of year and has not been real hot. In fact this morning it was only 54 when I came in. It is suppose to rain here over the weekend. Was hoping to go to Wright Patterson's fireworks on Sunday with some friends. Must get busy, have a great day
Old June 30th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Admiral

80 days!!!!!!!!! and counting down down down
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning Girls, sorry for my absents I've been takeing care of business. I'll check in later, I hope all is well with you All.

J Bon

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old June 30th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Passenger

Good morning all. Hope all is well. Bon it is good to here for you, you must be a busy man. We are going to scan a picture of us tonight. I am going to work my BON magic. Well I must get back to work. Bon I love the picture it is very relaxing. talk to you all later.
Count down time is getting lower and my excitment is getting bigger. Oh and one more thing MOM I have not been slacking for a year, I work very hard to keep up with these message boards and to score high points on all the games OOL!!!! No but I am hoping to get better so I can get back to my real job, I miss taking care of my residents. Well talk to you all later.

Old June 30th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Passenger

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley Griffitts\My Documents\My Pictures\MOM & ASH[/img]
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Passenger

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley Griffitts
\My Documents\My Pictures\MOM & ASH[/img]
Old June 30th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Dear Sister Bon Girls- and Sponsor!
Don't dismay about the pictures not going through Ashee. I think it's more complicated to send them to this site than through the email. If you send them via email, then I can send them on via email, and eventually someone in our group who knows such things will post them on here if you want him to do it. So far,I've resisted the inclination to go public with mine.But I said that the Bolts picture could be posted for a "short" time if you didn't get the picture I sent through to your mom.

I'm glad you posted J Bon, and did you get the Bolts picture??? If not, I'll have to try a different way to do it. The pictures are now in a different folder. I figured you've been busy. Your business goes in spurts, I'm sure. It was also nice that Spookryder checked in the other day, too.It shows that "the gang" is still together!

The weather down here has us back in the very hot temps with afternoon thunderstorms. We had a pretty big storm yesterday with some power outages,but ours stayed on. The Tampa area really got hammered.

My countdown clock is reading 79 days! Trevor's been thinking of calling the Cruise Line to see if we can get upgraded to a Balcony for a decent cost, since all the insides have been sold out. Someone can have our inside Cabin and we can move up to the Riviera Deck with all of you! Or, even just to a balcony cabin would be nice-period!

I hope we don't have rain for our fireworks down here! That would be disappointing-but-we just enjoy going down to Ft. Lauderdale to be there and by the ocean-especially Trevor. We'll maybe get a better picture of "our" ship this time!!

As far as the Godfrey Tour is concerned, do we all go to the same beach,or do we all have a choice? I'm not sure I want to go to Orient Beach. I don't enjoy that type of "exposure". Some cruisers have chosen Coki Beach and enjoyed it.

I'll close for now. I'm glad you miss taking care of your residents,Ashee. That's what we're there for.It's their home; we only work there. It's our job to make their life as comfortable and stimulating as we can. I love them all--well, most of them! Lynnie

Old July 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning. As you see Ashley and I had failed attemps of getting our picture to you. WE will have to try agagin this weekend as we will be gone tonight. We are heading to Riverbend in Cincinnati to see Tim McGraw!!!!! I will be smiling tonight!!! We will try and e-mail it to you.

That would be GREAT if you got on the Riviera with us. I am looking forward to the balcony, I have never had one on my 5 other cruises. I am up early every morning and I know I will enjoy that.

I hope it does not rain here either but they are calling for 70% on the 4th, not good. Don't have anything else planned. My sister is going off riding her horse (Shaker) for the weekend and Ashley well who knows what she is doing.

I AM LOVING THAT COUNTDOWN!!!!! Seems like the time is going by pretty fast now. I made my final payment and called and got our insurance so I think I am ready all but the packing. We have a choice of what beach we want to go to or you don't have to go to any. I also thought Coki Beach, that is where coral world is also I think.

Thanks for the pictures Spook. They are BEAUTIFUL. Now I understand why you are all so busy on the weekends. It is beautiful there. I love Spook. I am very fond of paint horses. J-Bon, what is your horses name? You look just like a leader should. Glad you posted just to let us know you are out there, we know you are a busy man.

Well must get busy and WORK!!! Still looking for that rich man ya know!!!
Have a good day.
Old July 1st, 2004, 07:20 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hey, I'm jealous! J Bon has a picture of me, but I don't have a real picture of him!
Gotta go to work now! Bye Lynnie

Old July 1st, 2004, 05:40 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Great pictures, Carol. Thanks for sharing! Now we don't have to imagine anymore. I guess I'll send Spook a picture of me and Trevor so he can see what "Perfect Rose" Bon Girl looks like. Time for supper. I'll check in later. Lynnie

Old July 1st, 2004, 06:23 PM
Passenger

Well Hello I only have a little bit of time I am packing for the weekend.. I sent Ashee some pics did you get them.. And Carol B I am glad you finaly got the pics I sent you. Thats what we do every weekend.. Looks like fun huh? Well does it look like J Bon has lost a little weight From his 44 inch waist to now.. I will send you guys some more pics when I get back.. I cant find Lynne address or I would send her some to.. Oh well got to go.. ITS SPOOK TIME... OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old July 1st, 2004, 07:48 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Spook, I just sent you some pictures of me, and me and Trevor so if you've gone already, you'll get them when you get back.Sorry I missed you! All the pictures are good.They are on the "big screen". Had to really scroll sideways and up and down to see everything and everybody, but it was well worth it! It does certainly look like fun, but I haven't been on a horse since high school, I don't think. Spook, you'll have my address now!!!
After beating Trevor at Scrabble about 3 times over the weekend, he's won the last 2 again. I'll tell ya, I'm really going to have to practice up with both him and Angie on the Cruise.They should play each other and see who is left standing at the end!!

I really love getting all these pictures. Makes us more like family! Carol, do you have tomorrow off? We got paid today-like every other Thursday.

Hope you gals have a good time at Riverbend! Tim McGraw is great. I don't have any of his CDs but my son likes the song about turning 30. I have Faith Hill's Breathe CD.

Take care, y'all. Spook will have his weekend to tell us about and I'll report in about our "pretend Island Vacation" in Ft. Lauderdale. Trevor says we're just going to park the car and not move it all weekend.Everything we'll want to do is within walking distance-although it's a couple of miles from our motel to Port Everglades!! We'll have to take a picture of our ship on the way there. I'd love to see it pull out into the ocean from the beach around 5-5:30.One post had her leaving at the later time.

Bye for now. Lynnie Hey J Bon, you look good in those pictures!

Old July 1st, 2004, 08:26 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I'm going to see if this new picture works. There's a gal on another board who has "my rose" but it is "her" rose on her threads. Lynnie

Old July 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Well hi Lynne I havent left yet it was great to see your pics. I t looks like you guys have a really good time.. But as you can see I am better looking than J Bon I dont know what happened to him. I am going to go back camping on friday so when I get back I will send you some more pics.. It was great to see you.. SPOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old July 1st, 2004, 09:36 PM
Passenger

Hey before I go where is Ashee did you get the pics I sent you.. SPOOK!!!!!!!!

Old July 2nd, 2004, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. That is if you are still there. Yes Lynne I am working today. The residents get there checks today and I know they would want there money so I came in to do checks. I am off Monday though. Can't let them go without getting some money. The concert was AWESOME. He is WOW and I mean WOW. I was in heaven. He brought Faith out and his two daughters. Guess where we ate on the way to Cincinnati? Yep, Dominic's!!! It was so goooood. Lynne, I thought of you. I told Angie that we were going to go there when you come to Ohio. Have a GREAT time this weekend Lynne, and pleasssse take pictures.

Spook what a life!!!! My sister is leaving today with her husband to go on a horse, camping weekend. As for me, nothing planned. Have a great time and I will be looking forward to more pictures. I must get busy, checks just come in. I did not get here until 7:30am as we did not get home from the concert until 2AM.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!! Another holiday gone closer to the cruise. I will miss talking to you all this weekend.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Hi everyone. Just writing to you all before I leave to go home from work. Today is my last day at work for 4-weeks. I start that pain clinic Tuesday. Boy am I nervous. I hope this makes me better. I want to be able to enjoy my youth while I am at this age. Speaking of enjoying of youth: I went to see Tim McGraw last night at Riverbend. All I have to say is WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW. He is absolutly gorgeous. I think it was worth $70 just to see all the very, did I mention VERY good lookin cowboys. There was sooooo many HOT, HOT cowboys there. I was druling all night. Tim McGraw puts one heck of a concert on. All he had to do was stand there and that was good enough for me. He is sooo SEXY!!!! All together though I had a GREAT time. That will defiently be one of my top favorite concerts that I have been to. Sorry about the pics. J BON I am letting you down. I will figure it out, I promise. We will work on it this weekend. These next four weeks will be ruff, but I won't forget about you guys I will keep writing. I gotta go. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe forth of july. Have fun on those horses boys. Those pics were beautiful. I would love to ride there. Have fun and I will talk to you all later. I love to look at our countdown, its getting smaller & smaller.

Good night all!!!!!

Old July 2nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Carol, I'm really drooling, now! Dominic's, not far from my old stomping grounds, across from the Fairgrounds. Did you eat "upstairs" in that little area, or all the way to the back, past the bar, or in the big room to the left of where you check in? We've been in all of the locations, including AT the bar!!! Did you have the Lasagna? If you go again, save me a place mat---did you see that Ashee?- when you go to MVH and maybe have the chance to get into Dominic's, get me a place mat!!!!!! Maybe they'll just give you one if you ask-without eating!
Have you two heard of a bowling alley called Hilltop Lanes? Is it still in existance? One of my residents is from Columbus, and he remembers going through Springfield on Route 40 to that bowling alley. Isn't that National Trail Highway or something like that?

I'm glad you enjoyed your concert last night. A couple of us at the lunch table were very excited yesterday about KISS and POISON coming to Tampa at the end of July. I've grown up with Kiss, as have my boys and my brother,who introduced them to the group. He's 7 years older than my son, Jamie. I've been to a couple of Kiss concerts.The group is like part of the family.You can see that I've been well exposed to the Heavy Metal generation, although I think some of it was TOO heavy. I really like all kinds of music except for existential jazz (way out) and hip hop rap.Some of it I can follow, but some of it turns me off completely. I wonder what kind of music will be played on the ship?? One thing in the Zuiderdam's favor last year, was that "oldies but goodies" were played up on the Lido deck by the pool.

When Trevor asked me what I wanted to do in Ft. Lauderdale I told him that I want a picture of our ship-different than the one from May.That one isn't very good-too dark. So, we'll have all day tomorrow to get a close-up of her.

Ashee, good luck with your pain management program. I'm sure you'll feel better when it's over, so you can get back to your real job!

Guys, I haven't forgotten you. I am so-o-o glad that I now know what you look like. You can bicker between yourselves as to who's better looking--but both of you are outstanding!

OK, I'm going to cut out for now. Notice that I have the other roses. I'm giving the other one a break.Also, I had to prove to myself that I could get this picture. I ended up completely deleting the other one. It took a few tries. J Bon, I went back to your original directions just to make sure I didn't miss a step. See, that thread is still good for something!!! Carol, if I'd seen you were working, I could have sent through some more pix--will do it when I get back so you'll have them Tuesday!

Good night, y'all. Have a wonderful weekend. Lynnie

Old July 6th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning-
Got back from Ft. Lauderdale yesterday afternoon. We had a fun-filled weekend. More details on the newest "need help with clock" thread of 7/5. Trevor hasn't downloaded the pictures into the computer yet. Gee, it's hard to get back into the rhythm of going to work after sleeping in for 2 days! I'll check back in tonight. Lynnie--yes, we did see "our" boat!

Old July 6th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Lynne &Trevor

It actually is the Countdown Clock and Picture Info thread, in case you're looking for the other one. OK, so it's early! 7:56 AM. Lynnie *smile*

Old July 6th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well hello Girls I hope you are all well and excited!!! your count down clock is ticking away FAST.

Perfect Rose I love your new picture but I never did get the one of you in your Bolt gear? From what I have read it sounds like Trevor is takeing good care of you (he must be the original J Bon)

Lushes how are you, I hope you enjoyed your TIME with Tim Macgraw!!! Do you think you could let him out of the house? we were planning on going to his concert here in utah July 15th but now that he has found you I'm a little concerned that he'll make it?

Trouble how is your physical therapy going? I hope it is helping especially with the pain.

p.s. did some buddy let spookryder OUT!!!

J Bon

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Hello everyone. Glad everyone had a great weekend. I did not do much but went to the fireworks. I went at the fairgrounds on Sat and to Wright Patterson Air Force Base on Sunday. They were GREAT.

J-Bon glad to hear from you. I had a wonderful time with Tim. No I would not let him out of the house. Ashley loves Kenny Chesney and we seen him in March and I told her Tim McGraw was better and she said no until we went. My of my!!!!! Thats all I have to say. Yes Faith came out for one song, I am sure J-Bon you would like that. She is beautiful. He also brought out his daughters. It was a good concert.

Ashley had her first day at rehab today. She is pretty sore. Asleep already 8:30pm and on heating pad.

Well I am going to go for now, will write more later. Spook is having trouble figuring out who all the Bon Girls are.
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Y'all,
J Bon, I can't figure out why you aren't getting that Bolts Picture! I've sent it twice now.I will try it one more time-but it is still in the other picture file and added to the newest one. Really confusing. Once I see the July 4 pictures with our Caribbean Princess are in the file, you all will be getting one or two of them.

Yep, Spookryder can't figure out who "L'il Sister" is--boy, has he been out of the loop. I feel left out without my own horse. Does it count that in 4th grade, I used to draw horse heads with the little kid down the street after school? I was getting pretty good at it, too. He was kind of homebound, so I kept him company for awhile.

I'm glad you didn't get any rain on your fireworks, Lushes! It was so-o-o hot and muggy down in Lauderdale.
Tonight, we had quite a storm or storms for a couple of hours. It finally calmed down but our weekly Bunco game was cancelled because of it. Now, at 9:04PM, the thunder rolls again. (Say, isn't that a Garth Brooks song? (The Thunder Rolls). It's been raining lightly for the last half hour. We have skylights so any rain sounds heavier and louder than it is. Trevor was already up at his poker game when I got home, but he went up on his scooter, so the seat should be pretty wet when he's ready to come home--only up at the Clubhouse so he doesn't have far to go with his wet fanny!

I hope Ashee feels better, but no pain, no gain. Ashee, you'll gradually start to work your way through the discomfort as you go through your therapy. It's just that you haven't really exercised those muscles in a long time. We're all pulling for you.And, remember, your mission is to get me a Dominic's placemat!!

I'll go for tonight. I trust that you're all well. Yes, our countdown clock is moving more quickly now.Glad to hear from you J Bon!! Lynnie

Old July 6th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Passenger

Well Hello Everyone...Yes I am back we had a great time..It looks like I have missed a few things like who is Lil Sister.. Hey J Bon I herd that you fell off your horse one to many how nice is that. Here comes a pic I think I finaly got it.. Can you guys see it. Hey Lynne I have been trying to send J Bon some pics to and he cant get them.. Hey Carol B how ya doing hope everything is good. Well by for now.. SPOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!