Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Default Paradise Beach in Cozumel

Need to know if anyone has been to paradise beach in Cozumel??? I am sailing on the September 26th Rhapsody of the Seas. I went on this same cruise last year and went to Playa Del Sol Beach the last time and was wondering if Paradise beach is better.....Also what is the best way to get to the beach....i have not seen any excursions that include paradise beach. Thanks

Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2003
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2004
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Glen Arm Mom

Default Re: Paradise Beach in Cozumel

Just got back from our cruise. We were on the Grandeur of the Sea -Rccl. We loved it. We took a cab to Paradise Beach. It cost us $18.00 for 6 of us. It took about 15 min. to get to the beach. We loved it, It was clean and plenty of space for everyone. We stayed there all day. Everyone was so helpful and nice. It was free to get in but I hear that it would be nice to eat lunch there. The food was the best and all 6 of us ate and drank for 70.00. Their tee shirt are the best. I wish I had brought more. I Have not complants and would go back again.
Old July 5th, 2004, 07:45 PM
LisaMc0719

We were just there on July 2. We loved Paradise Beach. We were at Mr. Sancho's last year and Paradise beats it hands down. Beautiful, clean, and all the beach toys and accessories are free including chairs, mats, a water trampoline, an iceberg, kayaks, snorkel equipment (deposit required). There were 8 of us and we ate and drank all day for about $100 (although we almost had a heart attack when the bill said $1000 --- but it was pecos with a 10-1 exchange).
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:26 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Doreen
Default Re: Re: Paradise Beach in Cozumel

Is this Paradise Beach the same as Paradise Island? My brother told me I have to go there...it's where they film the corona commercials...matteroffact...they hand out corona's free...all day...Just want to know how far this is from Chakanaab park?

Triumph 7-24-04
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Jo Glenn

Were there showers to rinse off?
Old July 9th, 2004, 03:30 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cassie

Yes in the bathrooms.... if I remember right.
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Bluesgirlinnola

the website is cozumel-beaches or cozumelbeaches.com. use a search engine. i found a great deal of positive comments about it on cruise addicts but tom, who is the leader of the pack, is not allowed to post a web site, so i did a search. it is not a good beach for snorkeling and about $12 for a taxi there. it offers cocktails, non-motorized water toys, nice changing areas, meals, and tom gives out 2-for-1 cocktail certificates at the piers until about noon, when he heads for PB

It is so close to Playa San Francisco, per other cruiser, that one can walk from one to another.

Hope this helps!
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Markb

Just got back from Paradise Beach and loved it. Good food...prices are okay but everywhere else is about the same. Big difference here is you get the use of all of their "toys" for free..snorkeling, kayaks, water trampoline, climbing iceberg, chairs, umbrellas, etc.

Its not a hot rocking party location, though, so if you are looking for a hot bar scene, this probably isn't it. But it is great if you're looking for a great bite to eat and a great place to play.
Old July 14th, 2004, 10:39 PM
emmysnana

who is it that gives out these 2 for 1 certificates ? How do you get them. We are going on 9/30.
Old July 19th, 2004, 04:05 PM
jlynd53

The 2 for 1 promotion is now over. They gave out those coupons for about the first 6 months that the beach was open to get people to give it a try. I hope this helps!
Old July 21st, 2004, 10:14 AM
Suej

What are the beach chairs like? Are they only loungers as a friend going with us has trouble getting in and out of low chairs due to his size. What makes the tee shirts so great? We sail in Jan on the Coral. Is there shade there as well? Thanks
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Tom is the guy who runs Paradise Beach. Here is a link to find out more.

http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

Old July 30th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Passenger

Is a trip to Paradise Beach something that has to be set up before your cruise date or can you decide at the last minute to grab a taxi and head over there? Do you need any kind of ressies? Thanks!

Mick
Old July 30th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Passenger

I forgot to add something to my last post so I will add my P.S. here........between Paradise Beach and Chankanaab Park.....is there a difference and which is better?
Thanks Again!

Mick
Old July 30th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Beginner

MickeyG--no, you don't have to reserve anything to go to Paradise Beach, just take a taxi from the pier ($12 for 4 people), don't let the taxi driver talk you into taking you anywhere else! I post on other boards, cruisecritic has a lot of info on Paradise Beach on their ports of call boards (threads). We were on Cozumel 2 weeks ago, planned to go to PB after our fishing trip, but while we were south of the island a storm blew over Cozumel and drenched everything. So we didn't go to PB, but my sisters-in-law and nieces did, and had a great time (met the famous "Tom" who helps run the place). As far as the difference between Chankanaab and PB, apples and oranges???? PB is a great beach with water toys and loungechairs and shade and great food and some snorkeling (free equipment use for a refundable deposit)...I think it still doesn't get overcrowded, but don't know how long that will last. The Park is at times (depending on the number of cruise ships in) extremely crowded, but it just has such different things to do (Dolphin Swim, for one). I think it depends on what kind of experience you want as to which place you'd like better. By the time we got to Cozumel (last port) a lot of people were just looking for a nice beach to hang out, get some sun, etc., so went to PB. The Park is an "excursion"--which you can do via a ship's excursion usually or on your own.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. We love Cozumel and have done a lot of different things while there.