Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2004, 12:00 PM
cruisinkate

Default St. Lucia Sandals?

Has anyone recently gone to sandals for the day in St. Lucia while in port? We would like to go to Sandals Grande, but I heard a few months ago that their price went up. Can anyone tell me what the recently paid to spend the day at sandals or half day. thank you
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: St. Lucia Sandals?

Hi Kate,
There are 3 different Sandals in St. Lucia. We went to the one that had a golf course, wasn't too far from the pier, cost for 2 of us was $80 for the half day. We thought it was a fair price, although the food onboard was a little better than theirs, but the property was lovely, nice pool and also access to the beach.

Once you get into St. Lucia if you go to where to get cabs, they will have a booth and you can arrange your day with them there, but you'll need to get a taxi to the resort that you want to go to, it was very easy.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM
cruisinkate

Default Re: Re: St. Lucia Sandals?

Thanks for the information. How long ago did you go? I thought I read somewhere that the price had gone up from the price that you paid?
Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: St. Lucia Sandals?

We went a little over a year ago, so yes, the price may have gone up.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM
lovemybaskets

my husband and i took a taxi to sandals grande the first week of june and they were charging $100 per person from 10am to 6pm. i had called a representative from sandals thru there 1-800 # a week before we sailed and he quoted me $132 per couple. i approached management with this and they were very rude and would not match the reps price!! we even had another couple there with us so they could have made $265. so we spent $25 in taxi fare to get there and we didn't stay because that was just way too much money for 5 hours. our taxi driver opted to take us to reduit beach and resort where the beach was beautiful and clean and we paid $12 for chairs and an umbrella. we had a really nice beach day after all .
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:01 PM
First Mate

Thanks for sharing, lovemybaskets. We've been contemplating a land-vacation to a Sandals, particularly the island of St Lucia, and rudeness for that type of money is not appealling to me. However, we have wanted to visit a Sandals for a day just to get a taste before booking a land-vacation at one, and this would be a great way to do that!
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:50 AM
EAg

Default Re: Re: St. Lucia Sandals?

We are past Sandals guests (Ocho Rios G&CC) We too were originally planning a land vacation to St. Lucia, but the prices that Sandals were charging did not warrant it. The price comparasin to Jamaica is unbeleivable!!!!!! HUGE differences and when talking to our local sandals rep she suggested not to go the the Grande after Ocho Rios as the staff and clientelle are much more "stuffy" at the Grande. She felt we would be disappointed and suggested we look into cruising to St. Lucia and sampling it that way.

We have an offer of a half day at the Grande for 50.00/cpl (booked through our rep here at home) to help us make our decision whether or not to book a future land with them. Not really sure we will take the offer, we are thinking of just going it alone and exploring the island.

However, this is nothing against Sandals as I will never again stay at any land resort that does not have the Sandals name...Once you have had the best, who wants to go back. They are not called the "cruise ships on land" resorts for no reason!
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Joe Reynolds

Default Re: Re: Re: St. Lucia Sandals?

I have stayed at the Dunns River Sandals before and had a wonderful time. I would like to just take a look at the Sandals properties in St.Lucia for possible future stay. Do you think they would charge me to take photos and look around.? Is so, they will loose a potential customer.

Joe