Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Default Caribbean in November

I'm a first time cruiser and am planning a cruise for mid November to the Eastern Caribbean. What are my chances for bad weather, hurricanes, rain.

Anyone ever curised there in November before?

Jen
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:07 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Caribbean in November

Haven't cruised Eastern Caribbean in November (only Western) but have taken a land vacation on St John in the US Virgin Islands (off of St Thomas) during Thanksgiving week. Had no problems whatsoever. True, it is technically still hurricane season through the end of the month, but the probability is slim during November from what I have read previously.

ENJOY your first cruise!!!

~ Mandy
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Beginner

Thank you for responding.

I'm a little nervous about it. I'm looking forward to it though.

Jdunn
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:05 PM
ginamarie

We cruised the Easter Caribbean in November 2002. IT was a GREAT cruise. The sea wasn't rough at all, and the weather was perfect (warm enough to wear shorts comfortably, but not so hot that you couldn't walk around. A prefect Carribbean adventure. We saw St. Thomas and St Maartin.

Last November my best friend and her boyfriend were thinking about cruising the Carribbean in November and I talked her into it. She had a GREAT time. I did some research about hurricane season and the Caribbean for her, because she was afraid about the weather as well, and I found some interesting results.

November is TECHNICALLY considered the end of hurricane season. HOWEVER, the chances of having a hurricane in the Carribbean in November are exteremly slim. I think the statistic was that there was only 2-3 hurricanes in the eastern Carribbean in November since 1950. I found the information from weather.com.

I hope this helps, and you won't be so nervous. I'm cruising this November again, but this time the western Caribbean.
Old July 18th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Passenger

We've sailed the Southern Caribbean four times - twice in February, once in October, and once in November. The worst weather we experienced was in February, where rain kept Princess from taking us ashore on their private island. On our November cruise, the weather was wonderful and I got in plenty of beach time. The rates were really low and the ports were not crowded. Don't worry, you'll enjoy it!
Old July 18th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Beginner

Thanks everyone! I feel better now.

Jennifer
Old July 18th, 2004, 04:08 PM
First Mate

Jennifer - I forgot to mention it previously, but I feel fine about it too -we are taking an Eastern Caribbean cruise this Thanksgiving. No worries.
Old July 18th, 2004, 07:12 PM
hcat

On a land trip to Antigua in early Nov one yr, we had the outer parts of a hurricane that hit elsewhere. --Carib blue turned black & we had high winds, lots of rain. generally, Nov hurricanes are less likely & cruise ships can divert away from them....Have a fun trip..
Old July 19th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Being from FL and used to the hurricane season, we didn't hesitate booking our cruise in the first week in November to the Western Carrib and wouldn't hesitate going to the Eastern either. Typically there are not any hurricanes forming in that area at that time. The most you might get is some rain, but that can happen at any time of the year.
Old July 24th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Bibi Shaw

Take your cruise is to St. Martin, weather is great during that time, shopping beaches, you can email Dion at alghodge@hotmail.com he would give you more details on his island. He is a cab driver, i met him in April and I can tell you I have been travelling for years and this guy really topped of my family vacation.
Old July 31st, 2004, 07:55 AM
Passenger

We went to Grand Caymen & Cozumel on Sensation last November and the weather was perfect! I think it is hit or miss, however, as it is still close to (or even part of) hurricane season. I plan on going again this November as it is a good time to go as the rates are very low and it is getting pretty cold here in Michigan by then