Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2004, 04:35 PM
RHAVARD

Default COZUMEL JEEP TOUR

WE LEAVE IN SEPT. FOR COZUMEL, WE HAVE NEVER BEEN , I FOUND A JEEP TOUR THAT GOES TO ALOT OF PLACES IN 6 HOURS, WITH LUNCH & DRINKS INCLUDED, WITH KAYAKING & SNORKLELING, HAS ANYONE, TREID THIS, & WHAT ARE YOUR ADVISE?, THANKS IN ADVANCE
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Joe Reynolds

Default Re: COZUMEL JEEP TOUR

We did the jeep tour in Cozumel, but I don't remember doing any Kayaking.
The tour was great fun and I would recommend it. The snorkeling was a long swim, but this old guy made it. Some turned back. Some stayed on the beach and didn't snorkle.
Joe
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Passenger

When we went stopped in Cozumel in 2000, we booked our own jeep. It was about $60 for all 4 adults. The ship wanted to charge, if I remember right, $80 per person, even if it was one jeep. Then you had to follow the rest of the group.

We were able to go at our own pace and stop by the quaint little beach bars on the other side of the island. The beaches are beautiful there too but wouldn't recommend swimming because of the rough currents. Those beaches are fun for exploring the little critters and the tide pools.

There is only one road so it isn't difficult.

Lisa

Old July 23rd, 2004, 09:27 AM
tfreem

Default Re: Re: COZUMEL JEEP TOUR

Lsh1482, I'm looking at renting a jeep to go to the other side of the island on my own too. Did you happen to go to Coconut's Restaurant on the other side of the island? I'm thinking of lunch there. Also wondered what places you may have stopped at along the way and any nice views not to miss, etc. Any specific restaurant, view or bar recommendations?
Old July 28th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Mrsox

Default Re: Re: Re: COZUMEL JEEP TOUR

We rented a tracker for the day and had such a great day exploring the user friendly, quaint Isle de Cozumel! Only 1 major road around the island so nearly impossible to get lost. It was nice to be able to go at our own pace, stop when we wanted etc.

We went to lunch at Coconuts on the mostly untouched East side of the island...what a great time we had...super food and drinks, fun staff, amazing views etc. We'd also recommend stopping at one of the beach clubs to swim and relax for an hour or two (this would be your first stop after picking up the car), seeing the ruins at San Gervasio (past Coconuts heading back to San Miguel) and exploring the marketplace in San Miguel after returning the rental.

www.cozinsider is a good site and has a map you can print.
Old August 1st, 2004, 08:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Very interested in booking a rental car in cozumel, but don't know what agencys to use.
Any ideas from anyone who has used rental cars. Also, they say there is a lot of
traffic and difficult to get around the island, any hints on what to do. What about car insurance, do you take the extra out at the agency or does US insurance cover you.
Thanks Betty
Old August 3rd, 2004, 06:07 PM
Joe Reynolds

If I was going again, I would go find that Paradise Beach that I have heard about.
Old August 4th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Mrsox

Default Re: Re: COZUMEL JEEP TOUR

I think we used Budget ($70ish for the Tracker). We didn't make reservations and got lucky that they had some left, but there are also local companies who do rentals all over the place. It was VERY easy to find our way around the island...only 1 major road. Right in San Miguel (the center of Cozumel) traffic was a bit congested, but nothing unmanageable and you're only there for a few minutes as you get out of town and head toward the beach clubs etc. The car place should give you a map or www.cozinsider.com has one to print (I think).
-Angie