Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Weather in December

Hello---

Our group will be sailing the Sun Princess out of Fort Lauderdale on December 12 for a 10-day cruise to the Southern Caribbean (Bahamas, St Thomas, St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua and Barbados).

We've been to the Caribbean in Spring and Summer, but never in December. Last year we were on the Mexican Riviera in December, and all our sea days had rain, and it was actually very cool (needed sweaters).

Should the weather be mostly warm in December? Will we need sweaters or coats? Will we be able to go to the beach and swim in our ports? (Rain doesn't bother us, but we want to be prepared for cool weather). Will nights on board ship be cool?

Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Weather in December

We'll be cruising the Southern Caribbean in December and NO way you'll need coats! Or sweaters! I pack the same for a December cruise I do for one in July.......summer stuff! Now as for nights being cool.......I guess that depends. I'm one of those people who'll be in a shorts and see someone else walking around the ship all wrapped up in a sweater! haha December should be a great time to cruise! Have fun! Oh, and yes the water will be warm and you'll be able to swim at all your ports.
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Yeoman

You might want a light sweater or jacket for in the dining room or on deck as sometimes it can get cool. Plus, it was a bit chilly when leaving Ft Lauderdale and Miami at night for New Years cruises. When we hit rain at sea, it was also cool. Best bet is to pack a light jacket that can withstand rain.

Alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old July 31st, 2004, 08:53 PM
kwjones

Take a light jacket or sweater for the evenings. You'll find the days to be ideal!! Happy Sailing!
Ken
Old August 2nd, 2004, 08:25 AM
First Mate

We experienced an unexpected cold front on our last cruise (Thanksgiving week) and had to purchase sweat shirts in Key West. Just be prepared for the unexpected, as we have never had to wear sweatshirts on a cruise before!
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Average temps in the Caribbean in December- high of 88 and low of 58.
These are averages but you will enjoy swimming both at the pool and on the beach.
Have fun You can find weather charts by going to a search engine, that's how I found the above information.
I even think there is something on the Princess web site about what to bring with a link to see how warm or cold it gets.