Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boats

Does anyone know if they have bananna boat rides or water trampolines at Orient Beach? We are looking for a fun beach day. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old August 2nd, 2004, 02:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boats

Don't know about the boats but there is a water trampoline, along with wind surfings, parasailing, jet skis, etc.

Chuck

Old August 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

They had banana boat rides and trampolines when I was there last month.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old August 3rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boats

Thanks! What is your opinion of this beach?? I am still searching for a fun excursion there and open to any suggestions!!

Old August 3rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
Joe Reynolds

Default Re: Re: Re: Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boats

The Beach is beautiful. On one end is the nude section. As you go in the other direction, you will be associated with different beach type bars and restaurants. You can rent a beach chair umbrella combination, and there will be a waiter to bring you drinks and food also. You can run a tab. I can't remember the name of any right now, but if you find out you can have a taxi bring you and then come back and pick you up.

I think once you get to the beach you make arrangements for parasailing, jet ski, and banana boats. Saw some wind surfing, but they look professional.

Old August 4th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boats

Sounds like the place to go! Did you go to Nassau or St. Thomas? If so, what excursions did you do??

Old August 6th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Traci

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boats

Is the nude section really enforced or is what of those things where they walk by nude even at the not nude section? My niece is 8 and nephew is 7 and we'd like to go to this beach but the nudity is something I am worried about.
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:28 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boa

Orient Beach is clothing optional so, yes, you will see some nudity at any area of that stretch of beach. That being said however, we were there for about 2 1/2 hours and I only saw a few nude people. When we first got there (and before all the people from the bus desended on the beach) I saw 3 (older) ladies nude walking on the beach. After the beach got a bit more busy, I never saw them again. After that, I would see an occasional topless woman. I never saw a completely nude person walking about after that. (thats not to say they weren't there, but I sure didn't notice them....maybe they walked by when I was in the ocean, or at the restaurant, etc) Out of curiosity, I walked from one end of the beach to the other, and every so often I would see some people nude or topless sitting in their chairs. But no one seemed to be "flaunting" it. I had to really look to see if they were nude or not. ;-)

Now...thats just what I observed. Could be that on another day, or a different time of day, you may see more nudity.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:38 PM
jfd

there is full frontal nudity so be aware, not the best place for kids.
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Traci

Default Re: Re: Orient Beach - St. Maarten - Bananna Boats

Thanks for the heads up thats what I was worried about. Are there any other nice beaches that don't allow nudity?

Thanks,
Traci