Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
Passenger

Default Chankanaab Park

Does Chankanaab Park have water toys like trampolines and such? Is there enough to do at CP to keep a couple of teen kids active? Also, are there any food/beverage areas at the park?

I've heard some really good things about this park, as well as Paradise Park. For a family with two kids, is one more preferred than the other? Thanks for any suggestions!

Mick
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Doreen
Default Re: Chankanaab Park

I just returned from my cruise...and I was at this park...I did the Royal Dolphin Swim here...very cool...I'd do it again and again and again...also they had snorkeling...and I did the Snuba...they put a huge helmet like thing on you and you go down to the bottom with a guide and walk thru it all...very cool...fish were all around us...there are a few places for you to eat and have drinks...they do come to the beach and service you...I did see a volleyball net and mini golf...I enjoyed myself.

Triumph 7-24-04
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Didn't see any water trampolines at Chakanaab but we had a lot of fun there. Snorkeling was really good and you could rent the equipment for cheap right there at the shore. We packed a lunch from the cruise ship so we weren't really hungry there but we did go to the bar and had some great guacamole! I think the teens would love it there--I didn't want to leave!!
Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:02 PM
Kimber

We just returned from our cruise 7/29/04. In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach, which the cruise ship personnel will not tell you about - say they've never heard of it and you won't find it on any of their maps.

A $12 taxi ride will take you to Paradise Beach. It is FREE to get into. The beach is clean and beautiful. There are lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas. There are floats for the water, a water trampoline, an "iceberg" climbing wall in the water, and sea kayaks...all free. There are jet skis to rent - $55 for 30 minutes - and parasailing -
$110 for a tandam ride. There is a banana boat - $10 per person. Bring cash as the only thing you can charge is the jet skis.

There is a bar with, I'm told, purified water for the drinks and ice. There is food to purchase (appetizers, grilled food, etc.) and, of course, drinks. There are changing rooms, showers, and bathrooms, all immaculately kept.

We had 10 high school seniors along on our trip and they had a great time at this beach. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Enjoy!
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Passenger

How was the snorkeling at Paradise?
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Passenger

Snorkeling at Paradise is no where near as good as Chankanaab! But Paradise is alot more fun!
Old August 12th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Beginner

Does anyone know if there is jet skiing and para sailing at Chankanaab?
Old August 17th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Familiar Face

I have been to Chankanaab twice and have not noticed jet skis or pararsailing.
It is indeed a beautiful park and if your interests include snorkeling (awesome), Snuba, swimming, sunning, nature walks, marine shows, swimming with dolphins, etc., then this place is perfect (more relaxing and educational).
Have not been to Paradise Park but it sounds like it would be more fun for teens. No matter where you go have fun! I love Coz!