Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Passenger

Default Aruba Kukoo Kunuku, Snorkeling, and Car Rental ??

We will be in Aruba for 2 days on our PC cruise in 1/05.
We would like to hear from anyone who has done the Kukoo Kunuku bus dinner/bar hop tour. Is it worth it? Did you have fun? Did you do it through the cruise ship or straight through the tour company?

We would like to take a snorkel excursion....what is the best snorkel tour? And who do you recommend booking with?

If we rent a car to explore, who do you recommend that will be close to the pier & will let us have car past 5 pm w/out add'l cost?

Disney's Wonder 9/18/05
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:43 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Aruba Kukoo Kunuku, Snorkeling, and Car Rental ??

We didn't do the Aruba KukooKunuku DINNER tour, but I did do the tour that is called the Aruba Bar & Pub Crawl (which is the same thing minus the dinner) and we had a blast! The bus went to 5 bars in about 4 hours, making Carlos and Charlies its last stop. However, I never made it into Carlos & Charles because the lines were too long, and I was ready to call it a night. My 2 daughters and others in our party did go into Carlos and Charlies and had a ball. You have to like drinking and being around that party crazy sort of atmosphere to enjoy it. I certainly did! So, yes I would recommend it. (However, we met some people onboard that had done that same tour last year and they hated it. I decided that they weren't KukooKunuku material...)
My sister talked to someone who HAD done the dinner and that person told her that they went to an old renovated house for dinner and the food was great. Because we had late seating dinner (8:30) and the party bus left at 7:45, that night, we had dinner in the buffet around 6:30. Worked out perfect. (The dinner tour leaves around 5:30ish)

Hope that helped!
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Aruba Kukoo Kunuku, Snorkeling, and Car Rental ??

We have early dinner, so I guess we could conceivably eat before we go if we do the one w/out Dinner. Makes sense since we've already paid for dinner. Did you book through the cruise ship or separately? What company did your bar pub crawl?

Post Edited (08-05-04 16:27)
Disney's Wonder 9/18/05
Old August 5th, 2004, 01:47 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Aruba Kukoo Kunuku, Snorkeling, and Car Rental ??

We booked it thru the ship and it was the Kokoo Kunuku bus. I think there is only one company that does this tour and all the cruise lines use them.

If you decide to do the one with dinner, the cost is $69 pp, leaves at 5:30 and it lasts 5-6 hours. If you do the bar and pub crawl only, the cost is $52 pp, leaves at 7:45, and lasts 4 hours. (and they do leave promptly at 7:45)

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess