Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe
Default Belize/San Pedro

Currently, Princess Cruises doesn't list any excursions for our 6 hours in Beize. Is it "easy" to get to San Pedro? Suggestions for the day...helpful hints?
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:12 AM
on_the_water

Default Re: Belize/San Pedro

You can take a cab to the executive airport. It's not that far. Then from there you can catch a flight to San Pedro. It's less than a twenty minute flight on a puddle hopper, and cost between thirty and fourty dollars round trip. At least that's what it cost the last time I went, and that was in February. I've made that flight to San Pedro several times.

You really can't go wrong on that island (Ambergas Caye, or something like that is the name of the island). You fly into San Pedro. From there you can walk to the beach, or rent a golf cart and drive around. Golf carts are the main form of transportation on the island. It's awesome. No one uses cars. I very rarely saw any, and I never saw anyone driving one. You can go to one of the resorts and have lunch and use the beach. It all depends on the resort as to whether they'll allow that or not. Some want to charge a fee. Some won't allow you on their property unless you're staying there.

We used to go to Ramones Village and hang out. It's a beautiful place, and it's not far from the little airport there. Just walk down the road for about five or ten minutes and you're there. We would have luch there and then hang out on the beach and lie in their hamocks. I never trie to get in there pool. So i don't know if they would mind. It's an amzing little place to spend the day.

I recomend San Pedro. Most people don't know about it, and therefore don't go. Some of the longer tours may end up there for an hour of so late in the day, but that's about it. I only know of it because the owner of the tour company used to take us there for the day to hang out and have lunch. It's really a beautiful place, and nothing like Belize City. Nothing at all. Hope I helped a little. Have fun.
Old August 27th, 2004, 10:04 PM
teach

San Pedro is definitely a cool place to go. You can also take a water taxi- about a 45 minute ride. It's a great place to go and shop and find a hamock on the beach. It is incredible...exactly like you would expect a Caribean island to be like! ;-) They even drive golf carts around on the sand streets.
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:43 AM
john walker

HI

San Pedro is gorgeous!

Get off the ship..........walk through disgusting BELIZE and walk to the Tourist Center ( 5 minute walk) ask the desk agent to get you a Flight to San Pedro.....Round Trip is $50

Spend the day over there walk along the beach, eat wonderful cheap lunch

The flight over is gorgeous!
Old August 31st, 2004, 08:20 PM
Ignacio

Hi CeCe, my name is Ignacio and I am an independent tour guide here in Belize. If you want to go to San Pedro, there is a booth inside the Tourism Village where you dock from the tenders that bring you off your ship, the people there at the booth arranges flight thru Maya Airways to San Pedro and they even transport you to the Municipal Airstrip to catch your flight out to San Pedro. It is very easy to get to San Pedro. As one person suggested you can even take a water taxi out there but it takes a little longer. To get to the Marina where the water taxis are is only a five minute walk from the Tourism Village, near our famous swing bridge.
You also mentioned suggestions or helpful hints. Well there are many things that you can do in Belize. You can take a City Tour which last for about 1 1/2hrs. then go downtown to do a little shopping if you want (it is much cheaper to shop downtown that at the Tourism Village). You can also visit one of our Mayan sites or go cave tubing. There is also a new museum open that gives you an insite of what Belize looked like in the old days and they even have a replica of a mayan ruin, a gift shop and a restaurant and bar and all this is located right near the sea. So as you can see there is a wide choice and it all depends on you and what you would like to do.
I hope this information is helpful to you, but if you need further info please feel free to contact me at bzetours@netscape.net. Ignacio