Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Default taking a cab to 7 mile beach Grand Cayman

I was planning on taking a cab from the terminal to 7 mile beach. Is there a specific location on the beach I could tell them to take me that is FREE and nice....Any suggestions would be great. The last time I visited grand cayman we were taken to a strange resort area it seemed to be at the very beginning of the beach and I know there are more beautiful locations than the one we went to. Any info would be great....

Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2003
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2004
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2004, 11:54 PM
First Mate

Default Re: taking a cab to 7 mile beach Grand Cayman

Last year our Taxi driver took us to a free part of the beach. He also cameback to pick us up in time for our snorkel at stingray city. We just ask them where we could go. It was nice had showers and you could buy a drink. I'm sure any taxi driver will be able to take you where it is free. Have a great time. We will be there again this year. Looks like the same day. I went on RCCl last year same ship. We were in port with the conquest. Hope to see you there we are going to the beach for a while also.

Post Edited (08-14-04 23:56)

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Admiral

FYI- 7 mile beach is a public beach and all parts are free. You can pay a hotel a fee for the use of their facilites for the day, you can rent beach chairs and things like that., otherwise the beach is free. Ask you cabby just to take you to a public accessway to the beach - arrange a time for him to pick you up at the same place he dropped you off.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:43 PM
hcat

What hotels have a nice beach plus pool & nice rest/bar? What do the fees run? We Would prefer this to a tour--the island is just too congested & I do want to swim with stingrays or visit the turtles
Old August 18th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: taking a cab to 7 mile beach Grand Cayman

What if we have a rental car & would like to park somewhere along 7 mile? Where can we do that? Is the public beach near a hotel or out of the hotel zone? Is the public beach area nice? Will we even want to go there? Within walking distance of the hotel zone? Within walking distance of a rental station for waverunners? Are there lounge chairs? cost? Anyone?

Disney's Wonder 9/18/05