Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Beginner

Default Submarine Tour - Cozumel

I was wondering if any one has taken the submarine tour in Cozumel. If so, did you enjoy it? Did you see many fish, large corals, etc. Any thing you can tell me about it would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Submarine Tour - Cozumel

I didn't do it in Cozumel but in Grand Cayman. We were disappointed. All you could see was in shades of swimming pool blue unless an occasional fish swam up really close.

Carnival Inspiration
Old August 20th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Passenger

We did the Atlantis Submarine in Cozumel and we loved it. We saw alot of fish, a baracuda and a black tip reef shark. The reefs were awesome. The colors are obviously not as bright and pretty as they are when you are snorkeling cause the deeper you go the less light you have.
It was really neat!!! Would do it again. How many chances do you get to go over 100ft down in a submarine?
Have a good time!
Old August 21st, 2004, 09:01 AM
Yeoman

Yes you wont see much color at those depths. The colors get filtered out by the water-reds, yellows, greens go first and then youre left with blues and purples. The only way to get any color down there is artificial lights. The sub might have them, but then they will only shine so far. So if youre looking to see the brillant colored corals and fish then head to an aquarium or salt water fish dealer, or stick to snorkeling on the surface.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old August 24th, 2004, 11:05 AM
First Mate

We were there last week and did the submarine in Cozumel. A friend of mine did the submarine in another port and was very disappointed but I decided to try it in Cozumel anyway. It was WONDERFUL..you could see coral, fish, stingray, it was very clear and you could see very far away. It was well worth the money we spent and everyone else I talked to on the sub said they were glad they spent the money because it was awesome.
Old August 24th, 2004, 12:25 PM
First Mate

How did you book the submarine tour...through the ship or a private company?
Old August 25th, 2004, 07:46 AM
First Mate

I had booked through cozumelinsider.com in the beginning, but then due to weather, our ships entire schedule changed. I ended up having to re-book all our excursions through the ship. Luckily, the people I booked mine through outside the ship had a policy that if your ship cant come on the day you scheduled, they do not charge. We booked sea trekking also through cozumelinsider.com, this was a prepay activity. I sent a note to Jacqueline at cozumelinsider.com on Monday explaining that my ship schedule changed and how do I get a refund, and last night I had a message on my machine that the money would be refunded today. If you choose to book outside the ship, I would definitely use cozumelinsider.com.
Old August 27th, 2004, 06:36 PM
howdy

I also did the Submarine in Grand Cayman and was a little disappointed. Did not see a whole lot of anything. 1 barracuda - lobsters - and some other little fish