Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Beginner

Default fort lauderdale to miami transportation

can anyone help me with the cheapest/ best way to get from the fort lauderdale airport to miami. and then port of miami to fort lauderdale airport.. transportation buses seem to be $65... is a cab cheaper?
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Re: fort lauderdale to miami transportation

A Taxi would be very expensive. I would think a shuttle is best. Can your TA arrange it?
Here were I live there are airport and cruise shuttles. For about $12.00pp each way. I work with my TA and get a discount thru AAA.
Carole
Old August 25th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Just this week I did a ton of research on it and discovered that purchasing the ship's transfers is the cheapest. In my case it was Carnival for $32/pp roundtrip. A shared ride would have cost us about $110 roundtrip and a taxi could have run more. Super Shuttle used to run from Ft Lauderdale but they don't anymore. Check with your cruise line cuz in our case it made the most sense to purchase the Carnival transfers. I was surprised thinking I could do it cheaper on my own. Not the case.
Old August 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

We also took the Carnival shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Miami - one way only. We were very pleased. The bus was clean and air conditioned. the ride was comfortable. We had to wait a bit to get on the bus, but not too long. We enjoyed looking at the scenery and it was thrilling to drive up the "pier" and catch first sight of the ship

have fun