Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Doug2

Default Best way to get cheap cruise?

I have come across a couple pages on the Web where people said they paid a very low amount for the cruise. For example, $500 for a 10-day.

The large sites like cruise.com or orbitz, etc. all seem to have the same fares. Is there a secret place or way to find ultra discounted fares that are different from the rest?
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2004, 09:16 AM
paigedygert

Default Re: Best way to get cheap cruise?

vacationstogo**edited** or crucon**edited**
Old August 26th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Doug2

I booked my next cruise using bargain finders on this site. I got a great deal on a 7 day cruise on the Miracle, almost $200 less than what was quoted by a local travel agent. You might want to give it a try.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Admiral

try bestpricecruises ***edited**.....I always book thru them and they have pretty good deals depending upon when you cruise, etc....

Old August 29th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Beginner

We boked our cruise to Bermuda on cruisecompete ***edited***, but you have to know what you want. Good Luck!
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:29 PM
marlene

Default Re: Re: Best way to get cheap cruise?

We watched and watched the price for a 15 day cruise thru panama canal and we found **edited***buycruises***edited*** with the best price, maybe it was a case of perfect timing, but we got an inside for 2130 total for both of us, then I called and asked for an upgrade to outside and wwas quoted 1,000 more, I said no, TA called me back and said NCL said 200 total more and we got upgraded to an outside, port side....2330 total for both...I looked all day one day for the best bargain. I also booked 39 days out from sailing, not sure if that was a factor.

Good luck
Marlene
Old September 6th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Jennifer Crouch

Default Re: Re: Re: Best way to get cheap cruise?

kimskruises got me the best rate I have seen. 730.00 for an 8 X10 foot balcony with a hundred dollar ship board credit. That is 80 more than Orbits' inside rate.

Jen
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:13 PM
missy123

Cruise Value Center (CVC) gave us the best price on our 7 day disney magic cruise. we saved almost $400.00
Old September 9th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Rafael

leisureleaders.com
it really depends on what you want. there alot of places where if you call you can possibly get a better price or can beat the price you got. another tip the futher out you book the better prices you get, If you do not wana book so far in advance i would say book the cruise anywhere from 5 months before the cruise and see if there are any resident or Sr. promos avialable.

Rafael Garces
rgarces@traveleaders.com
800-810-0891 ext 219
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Kimmy

Keep checking with the same travel agent and ask if specials come in. If you can leave kind of last minute that helps too.
Old September 16th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Mary Jane

We got our 15 day Panama transit cruise for $999 per person We got an outside room on Dolphin deck..a room with a window..Yeah!!! Our cruise package was listed in the Pricess newsletter or brochures they send out to past cruisers. We jumped on the offer back in July..Yeah a long time to wait..but hey I think about the cruise everyday...