Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel
Default Nice Beach in St. Thomas

I would like some recommendations for a nice beach to go to in St. Thomas just to enjoy the sun and water! Thanks!

Majesty of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Nice Beach in St. Thomas

If you place a search on this forum you will find lots of recommendations. Personally I would take the ferry to St JOhns and spend the day at Trunk Bay. It is a gorgeous!!! beach.
Old August 28th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel
Default Re: Re: Nice Beach in St. Thomas

Thanks. Can you do this on your own, or through the ship's tours?

Majesty of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas
Old August 28th, 2004, 02:19 PM
First Mate

We've been to St. Thomas twice cruising. Our first trip we took a taxi tour of the island and ended up at Coki Beach. The second trip we took a ship excursion to St. John's Trunk Bay, which was nice, too, but I think I preferred Coki. So, we're headed back to St. Thomas again in October, and we're going back to Coki.

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old August 28th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

You can get to St John's on your own. No need to a ship excursion and I understand that if you do the ship excursion you only spend a short time at the beach and it costs way too much. I dont recall how to get there but am sure you can research it somewhere on the site. We took a cab (shared with others) to the ferry docks. Ferry takes you to St. John and then once there another cab (shared with others) to Trunk Bay or whichever beach. Sorry but having been to Coki Beach, I would only go back to Trunk Bay regardless of the slight hassle of getting there. It is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Old August 28th, 2004, 07:00 PM
First Mate

For St John (which is my vote) this website is full of great information (cab fares, ferry fares/times, beach descriptions, etc):

www.vinow.com

We've only visited about a half dozen beaches there, and actually prefer Cinnamon over Trunk Bay. In fact, the "background picture" of our wedding invitations came from a picture we took while at Cinnamon. This next cruise, we want to visit even more beaches we have not been to yet - hopefully some that require a hike.

St John is truly a gorgeous island. We married on Hawksnest Beach there.
http://www.cmgoddard.com/pages/3/index.htm

We've spent the day on Magen's Bay before, but St John offers many beaches along the north shore, so you can easily (and quickly) go from one beach to another. Each beach seems to have something unique about it (refer to www.vinow.com).