Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:31 AM
Admiral

Default BON GIRLS

Good morning everyone. Thought I would take your advise Lynne and start a new post. Hopefully Bon will post when he gets a chance.

Well I bought a new SUV yesterday. It is soooo pretty. It is only the second brand new car I have ever owned. It is a 2004 Santa Fa. It is Moonlight blue with sparkles of metal flackes in it. So far I just love it. I could not sleep, so I was up and out of the house before 4:30 this morning driving around and up on the highway. It is wonderful!!!!

Well must get busy so that I can pay for my new car!!!! Have a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2004, 05:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee
Default Re: BON GIRLS

Wow, doesn't that seventeen days look WONDERFUL. We are really getting down to the nitty gritty. My September is pretty full. I guess thats a good thing to keep the days before the cruise go faster. I am getting very anxious. September 3rd going to see Tim McGraw (again), 3RD ROW SEATS!!!!!!!!!! Wow I will really see that butt up close and in person now and then September 11th going to Michigan to see Hank Williams Jr. Not to crazy about that one but hey he is a legend. I bought the tickets for my boyfriends birthday, he is crazy abou Hank. But hey it keeps the days going faster. Time has really been flying, it just seems like yesterday my mom was telling me she booked it and that was over 200 days ago. I just hope time doesn't go this fast while on the ship. I am soooo looking forward to a nice getaway from the real world for a week. I am ready to be treated like a princess. And I am VERY excited to meet Lynne and Trevor. I am ready for RELAXATION and most of all FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That food is calling my name. I told my mom that they are going to have to dock just to restock the ship with food after I am done with them. . Well I just thought I would say hey to everyone and wish everyone a good week. Don't know when I'll be able to check back in. I am pretty busy with my therapy which is going pretty well. Hopefully return to work after my vacation. Well gotta run I am going tanning so I can have a good tan before I hit that ship. Talk to you all later.
Trouble Bon signing off for now

Post Edited (08-31-04 17:21)

Old August 31st, 2004, 05:25 PM
Passenger

Just thought I would share this. I thought it was VERY cute. Its me doing my funcky chicken in the dance club on the ship. Mom, Angie, and Lynne I will have to teach you.

Post Edited (08-31-04 17:26)

Old August 31st, 2004, 08:36 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Keep it up, Ashee. I'll teach you the old time rock 'n roll!
Glad you started this thread,Carol. The other one was taking too long to get to the bottom. I was on the Roll Call tonight so saw that you have a new SUV. Good for you.Those things are so up high, though, I don't if my short legs would get me up to the seat without a step ladder! It sounds like a real pretty color, too.

We are preparing for Hurricane Frances down here. It's the uncertainty that bothers us-what way will it turn? If it's too close to the East Coast, we'll still get some wind and rain, and our trees are already weakened by Charley. We might not be so lucky this time and one will hit the house. People of the Community are stocking up on supplies.They're going to be ready this time, by George. However, the worst part, even with supplies is no air conditioning,few lights, etc.

Of course, I'll be at work again, with the Residents. Plus I'm always signed up for "shelter duty". If the storm is bad on the East Coast, we'll be getting residents from at least one "home" over there per reciprocal agreement.That happened about 5 years ago but the storm fizzled. Also, my boss just left for 3 weeks so I'll be the Activities Presence there.

I'm going to get off for now as there's a storm approaching. Take care. I'll try to check in tomorrow morning! 17days left!!!!! Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 1st, 2004, 05:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!!!!! It is SEPTEMBER!!!!! We have been waiting on this month for a long time. Was at Angie's house last not showing her my new car and she has all her dinner clothes ready, suitcase out and back pack packed. She is not ready to go is she?

Lynne, I will pray for you and everyone in Flordia that things won't be as they think. Flordia just does not need hit again, or anyone for that matter.

I am looking forward to 4 days off this weekend. I am sure it is a busy time for you at work Lynne. Some of our residents are going to the Cincinnati Reds game today. Well speaking of work, I better get busy. First of the month, crazy for me. Have a great day everyone.

Hey Ashley, if you are going to be a princess then I must be the QUEEN!!!!! Don't ever forget that!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 1st, 2004, 07:13 AM
Lynne &Trevor

In my husband's family, I am the princess and Mother-in-Law is the Queen!!!! Have a great day.The sun is shining here so we're off to a great start. Lynnie

Old September 1st, 2004, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Lynne, I hope that you will be getting some supplies in for this weekend. Please stay safe and know that I am praying for you. If you lose power again, please call or write when you can. That was so great to hear from you last time. My cell phone is 937-206-1054. Hopefully it will turn. This all needs to stop. Enough is enough, ya know.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 1st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Carol, I'll be sure to keep you posted. I have heard that most things have been sold out at Walmart and Home Depot. Today I made an app't to have my hair cut by one of the beauticians at work tomorrow instead of hoping that my app't at the Penney's Salon can be kept on Friday. My beautician there starts her vacation on Saturday and may just decide to leave town early. By doing it at work, I don't have to leave the premises or take time off.
Also, the Employee Relations person (Personnel) came around asking if I'd be available to stay at work again. YES. Trevor will stay with the house as he did last time. He just yelled out from the Living Room that the schools in the County just north of us have cancelled school on Friday.My grandchildren attend school there. (Lake Wales).

The worst part in all this is the waiting to see where the Hurricane will be headed. We've had the TV on at work all day again and it's not very helpful to us to keep hearing that it could anywhere between Miami and South Carolina.The going bet is West Palm Beach, which is Southeast of us, but we'd still get the counterclockwise winds, and the initial winds can come in at around 120 miles inland. Today's track looks like it could wipe out Princess Cay and all the other cruise ship "private beaches".

That's it for now. I just got home from work a few minutes ago and am going back out for choir practice within a half hour. I'm eating at the Computer. Talk to you later. Lynne

Old September 2nd, 2004, 05:00 AM
Admiral

I am praying for all of you. I will be waiting for your post or call that you are safe.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 2nd, 2004, 06:51 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Our local paper said that the effects of Frances will start to be felt around 5PM Friday night-about the same time as Charley hit. Trevor said he thinks it will come right across Florida and not turn north. Firmest thinking is that it will hit landfall just north of Palm Beach, which is southeast of us. Cape Canaveral (Kennedy Space Center) is closed today and tomorrow and all rockets taken inside a secured hangar.
We will know much more by 5PM today, so another day of waiting. Take care. Lynnie

Old September 2nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

WELL HELLO GIRLS!!! I have had MAJOR CUMPUTER problems!!! but I believe It's fixed. As you can imagine I have ALOT TO DO inorder to catch-up but I had to check in with the GIRL'S . I'm glad to see you are all doing well, I'll check back later when I have more time.

Take care Girl's, LOVE YA

JBon
Old September 3rd, 2004, 09:08 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello Girls,
It's now 10PM and we're awaiting the latest update on Frances. I've been home since 5:30 but my server was down until a half hour ago. I just read on the other site that the storm has been downgraded to a Category 2. Boy, she's really fallen apart in the last day.
Right now, I have my overnight bag packed as I anticipate staying overnight tomorrow night. All the windows on the ground level of our building on the northwest and southwest sides have been boarded over. We're still going to get some heavy wind and rain and mess, and the power will most likely go off. Perhaps it won't be for too long.

Winds are down to 105MPH so it will still be strong, but since it is so large it will take longer to go through and that is what will produce the heavy rain and flooding.

The good news is that by the time Frances gets through the State, we'll be that much closer to our cruise date. I do have my eye on Ivan coming off the Coast of Africa. I hope he stays well to the South.

Ashee, I hope you're practicing your dance steps=and= and was Tim McGraw???

Take care. I'm glad the server came back up as I was going to write you a note but it may not have gotten out until Tuesday!!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

J Bon and Spook-if you find us over here, I'll keep Carol posted like last time.

Old September 4th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Passenger

Hi everyone...hope all is well. I can't belive we are soooo close. I look at it this way...only 9 more work days!!!!!!! I am starting to sort through clothes and stuff..getting a little anxious!!!! CALM WEATHER>>>CALM WEATHER>>>CALM WEATHER
Well we are off to horseback riding today..have a good one.

Angie

Old September 4th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Passenger

HI everyone!!!!!! Let me start out by saying stay safe Lynne and Trevor, I will pray for you and Flordia as well. I agree with my mom, these hurricanes need to put their brakes on. And Lynne as for Tim Mcgraw, all I can say is that last night was one of that best nights of my life. Here's is what happened: Warren Brothers came out first. I am not sure of his name but he is the gorgeous one, he shook my hand and gave me a hug. Then Big n Rich came out second. John Rich, the one who wears the cowboy hat, looked right at me and said "What's up baby"!!!! WOW!!!! Then is was time for Tim. Not only did he sing the begining of a song to me, he shook my hand, gave me a hug, and are you ready for this: stuck his behind right in my face. You are probably wandering how his butt got in my face well, are you ready, I got called up on stage. I sat up on stage for him to sing about four songs. And then while I was on stage Faith Hill came out and sang a song, I got to shake her hand too. Plus I got Tim's autograph. Our thrid row seats were AWESOME. I occasionally made it to stand in the front row. I was in shock all night and I think I am still in alittle bit of shock today. That will defiently be a night I will NEVER forget. The pictures are gettting developed as I sit here and type. I am sooooo anxious to get them back. Ijust know we got some really good pictures. Well I am going to get off here. Time for a real celebration. We are down to 2 weeks now. I am getting very pumped up about this. And Lynne I am getting very excited about meeting you and your husband. I will talk to you all later, its time to get the pics from the concert, anticipation is killing me. Everyone take care and stay safe.

Old September 4th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Admiral

PRAYERS PRAYERS PRAYERS KEEP SAFE LYNNE.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Girls, I can't believe your so close you must all be very excited... Rose I pray that things are well for you and Trevor.

Trouble It sounds like you had a incrediable time how did Lushes do?

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old September 6th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Well, Hi Y'all!
The good news is that we are fine. No major damage, the power stayed on this time, and the cell phones are working! We do have another big tree limb down, with the "butt" end up against the V of our house where the screen room and the house walls meet. I'm looking at it right now. It will have to be cut for easier moving.It's very heavy.Trevor's afraid that if it's pulled in one piece the end may hit this window behind the computer and break it.
I was at work all weekend-didn't sleep at all Saturday night, not for the lack of trying. I did lay down for about 45 minutes at one point, but too keyed up. I was on the floor of my office on my blankie, head on a pillow, with my MP3 player on, but could still hear the muffled sound of the TV and the kids in the Activities Center outside the back door of the office.I ended up doing a lot of walking during the night. The Health Care Center was a great place to go. Lights on, TV on, could talk to the staff, have coffee, etc. Yes,our facility was another evacuation site for employees' families and children.
I ended up overseeing the room most of the time=50 kids of various ages, parents sitting around,not really overseeing their children, who expected to be entertained.The Marketing Director was in there sometimes doing stuff with them.Finally, yesterday afternoon I just walked out and said I was going to stay out of that room. I went up to 'MY" floor-Assisted Living, and laid down on a couch in their Living Room that faced away from the main room, put on the radio=simulcast of TV news and layed there for about 3 hours. I probably "slept" for a half hour. I left to come home after helping to wind down the Activities Center and cleaning up the room and......finally left around 5:15PM. The nice thing is that the Executive Director thanked me and said that I did an excellent job, considering that Child Care wasn't my area. (I didn't tell him that I used to do that kind of work!--but with a staff!)

I came home, grabbed something to eat, tried to read the paper,but kept closing my eyes. Trevor had the History Channel on telling about Ivan the Terrible -Russian Czar-which didn't help. I went to bed around 8PM with the Weather News on and slept until this morning at 7AM.The droning voices put me to sleep immediately.I went back to sleep this AM and slept until 10:30 when I heard the doorbell ring.Trevor had already gotten the door.

Anyway==Ashee, it sounds like you had a W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L time. I don't know what I would have done if someone like that had called me up on stage. But, I've never been in the third row, either!

Carole--how's the SUV???? I've been looking at pictures of the damage over on the East Coast thinking that some of them have been our favorites spots to visit. We even took my son, Jamie, over to some of them and walked on Riviera Beach, and eaten at an Intercoastal Restaurant beneath the Bridge between Palm Beach and Singer Island. If you've noticed on some of the posts, some of our cruiser friends have families over there and elsewhere along the Coast. I hope they are OK.

Angie-not too long now. Stay calm.Everything will be fine. We still have our formal wear to get cleaned. I'm glad the power stayed on around here. You know what? The sun is now shining here.The worst is over for us, and the cruise is less than 2 weeks away.Trevor said that if Hurricane Ivan gets to Florida, it will be this coming weekend, so our weekend should be OK. I hope there will be some places left to see.BUTi it's the cruise that's important. We will still be together and have fun wherever we go.

J Bon--Thank you for your thoughts and concerns. I'm very proud to be a Bon Girl. You're the Greatest.
OK, Spook- you're pretty great, too!!!
Bye for now. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 6th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Passenger

LYNNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo glad to hear from you. I am really glad that you guys are ok. I am at home letting the dogs out before I take off today. The sun is shining here as well. Tell Trevor to keep a close eye on Ivan and keep us posted. Well I am going to get off here just got on to check and see if you posted. I am glad you are all welll and I look forward to seeing you soon. Bye for now.
Love Trouble~Ashee

Old September 6th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Hello everyone!!!1 Lynne is is GREAT to hear that you are safe. I have been glued to the TV this weekend watching, and praying. I am glad you are safe and sound.

I cannot believe our time now. I do believe we are going to have all the storms out of our way and smooth sailing. I started to put some of my things together this weekend as time is getting sooooo close now. I am so excited. Ashley is about ready to bust. She is really ready to have fun.

The concert was so fun. Tim is WOW!!!! Good looking is not the word I would use. I wish you could have seen Ashley's face when she was up on stage, it was priceless. GREAT concert and VERY nice to look at.

Well it is my bed time as 4am roll around really early and I want to post on the other board. Lynne I will see you soon, that sounds wonderful. And J-Bon, always great to hear from you. You make me smile. Have a great day tomorrow.
Love, Lushes

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 7th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi There,
It is now about 9:33PM Tuesday night. I had a good night at Bunco-won for top score and tied for buncos.If you don't know what that is, I'll explain it if necessary. I'll take some dice on the ship (although I'm sure they have some!).
Work went a little better, although I had a sick feeling last night when I learned that school would still be out today. Thankfully, there were only about 6-7 kids there, instead of the 50 we had over the weekend. I learned that there are going to be some major changes if parents bring their kids in for another shelter situation. Also, staff who sign up to work a shift in the the "shelter" will have to show up or be counted as a "no call". Also, the kids will be relegated to the 2nd floor chapel which is contained.There is a TV up there,and piano, and tables can be put in there (chairs are moveable).The best part is that the parents will have to sign off on rules, especially that they will be responsible for overseeing their children.
Now, I have the cruise to look forward to=roughly 8 working days, although I have to go in on Saturday to assist with a 103rd birthday party-Sept.11. ! The gentleman is still up walking around, lives in his own apartment, goes downstairs for meals, gets his laundry done-and checks on it! My boss will be out all next week still,but I will be on my way to St. Maarten by the time he gets back into the office!!!!

So, my good friends, I'll close for tonight, and will check in tomorrow night or in the morning if it's not too late for work. Take care y'all!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 8th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Today is the BIG day. Tonight at 5pm our clock will say 9 days!!!!!!!!! I really must get busy packing now. I am off work tomorrow and I am working Friday so I will work on that tomorrow. I have been going tanning this week and last. Angie said I would be a lobster if I didn't. . I know my butt is burnt!!! I am ready.

103 and still getting around, that is wonderful. Tell him your friend said a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY form Ohio.

No, I don't know what Bunco is, but I am glad you won. I play a dice game called Farkle, it is fun.

Not counting today, I only have 5 more working days !!!!!!!! Won't be long. Then time needs to slow down.

Have a great day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 8th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Admiral

Lynne, I forgot to tell you that I tried to get our flight changed to fly out on Friday night, but it was going to cost another $271 each. Anyway, they did let me change to the earlier flight which leaves out of Dayton at 6AM and we will get in Flordia at 10:07 Am. So we should get to the ship just around boarding time. YEAH

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 8th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Fantastic! We'll be there! Trevor likes to get onboard early because from then on,practically everything has been paid for, and no more "outside" bills. (food, motel,etc). We'll most likely be at the Terminal between 11-11:30 or so. Yeah, no kids at work today, and if Ivan hits, it will be after the weekend. Yeah! Lynne

Old September 8th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Admiral

We should get there around the same time. I will be looking for ya ROSE BON.

Post Edited (09-08-04 13:43)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 8th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Passenger

WOOOOHOOOOOO we are down to NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won't take long now. I am sooooooo ready for this vacation with the girls. I am really ready to leave my normal life. To the Virgin Islands, here I come Carribean Princess. I don't think they are ready for me. I am sooo pumped. Lynne I am glad to hear that you and Trevor are safe. I will bring my Tim Mcgraw pics to show you. They are AWESOME. Well I am going to go. Just got on to say hey and to say: NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well talk to you all later.

Love Trouble

Post Edited (09-08-04 16:44)

Old September 8th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Lynne &Trevor

It's 6:25PM and I just got home from work and have found out that I'm really expected to drive to choir practice tonight.That gives me about 10 minutes to eat, and take a restroom break before I have to pick up my riders. Whew.
I'm very excited, too, Ashee. I've decided that if Ivan does anything to mess up my cruise I'm going to stay down in Ft. Lauderdale for my week's vacation. I need to get away from work, and if I'm in town, it's too easy to be "available".
The weather has been warm and humid today-a little overcast at the moment. Let's hope that Ivan stays west so we can go east. Bye for now. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 9th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well ConGrats Girls your in single digits and that has got to feel great!!! May I suggest a heavy dose of sleeping pills to help you sleep at night before you SAIL. Rose fear-not I know you Girls will pull the cruise off ( I mean ) It's the Bon Girls verses little ivan he has no chance. Trouble all I ask is that you take it easy on the innocent young men on the ship, they have now idea what their in-for. Lushes what happens in the Caribbean stays in the Caribbean we won't tell Tim. Lil Sis I hope you have requested hay for your horses typicaly they wont have it on the ship, that was the first thing Spook did when we booked.

Have a great day Girls

Love J Bon

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old September 10th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Admiral

Hey Bon always good to hear from you. Oh YES we are in the single digits and I am ready to go. Going to work on the packing this weekend. I can't wait. Whatever happens happens, ya know what I mean? . Trouble is so excited, I don't think Sat. will come soon enough for her. We are very excited to see Lynne finally. Seems like I have known her forever. It won't be long and you will be under 100!!! Don't miss us to much while we are gone, and think of us. The ship won't be the same after the BON GIRLS!!!! Tell Spook we said hello. I am sure he is out horsing around.

Lynne, hope you can stay out of harms way of IVAN. It needs to all go away before Sat. I think we will be just fine. I am hoping since we can't go to the private island that we get to go to Nassau, that would be fun. That is where we swam with the dolphins, that was so much fun.

Well I had better get busy. I was off yesterday so I have to work today. Could not sleep, so I came on into work, therefore I will get off early, that will work. Have a great weekend everyone, and Lynnie I will see you very soon!!!!!
Love,
Lushes

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 10th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
One week from tonight we will be in Ft. Lauderdale at our little motel. RichArch and Fran, Waterrats and some others will be down there, too, but so far no firm arrangements have been made to meet. That will probably come this week. I can hardly wait to hear Fran's side of the story about Rich's surprise anniversary gift for her, and whether he packed the right stuff!
Ivan won't hit Florida until Monday or Tuesday, but the Staff has to be ready just in case it comes close to us again. I hate the "it may go here, BUT, it could turn." We call it the official "Cone of Uncertainty".
I really have to get busy and concentrate on pulling some clothes together for this trip.Trevor finally got my formal to the Cleaners yesterday along with some good shirts of his. He has decided not to take his good black suit (which also needed cleaning) because he can fit back into his sports coat and other good pants. He figures that his shirts and nice ties will look formal enough and more comfortable. I don't care at this point.
So, I have today to get through, and a 103rd birthday party tomorrow and then I can shop for last minute items. Next week will be hectic if Ivan comes by us and then, and then........
Hi J Bon, Ashee, Angie, Spook. Bye. Lynnie-ROSE (J Bon-we'll get it done and take lots of pictures for you!)

Old September 11th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Passenger

5 more working days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the real count. I am staying home today and cleaning house, doing ironing, laundry, and sorting out what I am taking. Next week someone will be waiting on me and I will be treated like a princess on the princess!!!!! Tomorrrow after church we are going horseback riding so I have to get busy today. Everyone have a great weekend and I'll see you next week Lynne!!! YEAH!!!

Angie

Beware Caribbean Princess...the Bon Girls are one the WAY!!!