Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2004, 04:22 PM
First Mate

Default refrig magnet lost :{

I know this sounds crazy!!!!! but, I am so upset over the loss of my latest addition to my collection of refrigerator magnets. This one especially from GRAND CAYMAN!!! I have no idea how to replace it, except going on another cruise to that island. And that is not in my future plans. So, what I would like to know is on my next cruise we stop at Costa Maya and Cozumel. Do you think the ship stores may have one for Grand Cayman since I know the ship does stop at that island also? help please....
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2004, 05:50 PM
DonnaC

Default Re: refrig magnet lost :{

I'm on a cruise that stops in Grand Cayman in October. What kind of refrig. magnet was it? I'll get and send to you.

Donna C
Old September 1st, 2004, 06:08 PM
First Mate

Oh my gosh, that would be so great. Any kind will do that says Grand Cayman. Thank you so very much. Please email me and I will send you my address. I will be glad to pay you for your troubles. email address is Pnorth@hcd.ca.gov
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
First Mate

Whoa... another magnet collector!! I totally understand your situation!
Old September 1st, 2004, 10:16 PM
Admiral

I know thy pain. We have collected magnets for years from different ships and ports. I dropped one yesterday on the tile floor and broke it--- but thank god for super glue!
We have one from " Hell " on G. Cayman and another that is a turtle with a pirate hat, peg leg and sword.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Hi,
The sea turtle / pirate is the mascot of the Caymens. I collect them too.
I get the ones from the cruise line. also, all the states we visit, fish, birds, bars,etc.
Don't you just love it, another obsession. Cruising being the first.
Carole
Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:35 PM
First Mate

WOW ! Other magnet maniacs. We also do the Christmas ornament thing as well.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old September 7th, 2004, 02:49 PM
First Mate

I just new there were others like me who love their magnets. I cannot wait to go collect more next cruise in March.
Old September 7th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Yeoman

I asked my daughter & daughter in law what they want me to bring them from our cruise....They both said fridge magnets. Sounds like it's a trend. I want to get lots for myself too. Then I can look at them every day & dream of being back on vacation!
CaribbeanCats: You said "we also do the Christmas ornament thing" Can you get Christmas ornaments as souvenirs in the Caribbean? Wow, decorating my tree with ornaments from my cruise! How COOL!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old September 7th, 2004, 04:06 PM
First Mate

Chirstmas ornaments are a great idea especially since Christmas is just around the corner! :}
Old September 8th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Admiral

I too collect magnets from everywhere I've ever been, so I perfectly understand your dilemna! If I remember correctly, on my last Carnival trip (Paradise) they sold in their souvenir shop onboard, magnets from all the islands Carnival visits, including Grand Cayman, so maybe you can get one right onboard your next cruise!

donna

Old September 8th, 2004, 11:16 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the info. I sure hope I can get a few more on my next cruise! I will double up from now on, just in case I loose another one.
Old September 9th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Diane Kobernick

Hi

I know how you feel. I collect frdge magnets from where I go as well. If you go to www.bueiguanasouvenir.com, you can purchase magnets from the Cayman Islands. However, you must purchase for at least $20.00 for them to ship things. Although buying $20.00 worth of souvenirs is a lot better than taking another cruise or trip just to get the magnet. Good luck
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:13 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the web address. Yes you are correct it is alot cheaper...
Old September 9th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Tessa

Great!! Other fridge magnet maniacs. I collect these everywhere we travel. They are not expensive, take up hardly any room in your luggage and you can find so many different types.

My husband always asks me what I am going to buy, then says "Don't tell me, a FRIDGE MAGNET"!!!! Trouble is I am running out of fridge.....

Tessa
Old September 17th, 2004, 05:40 PM
lara evans

Rebel,

There is a lovely shop in Key West full of caribbean tree decs and christmas fare, that we saw when we stopped last week on the dawn. It was next to the aquarium and opposite the shipwreck museum. Also best magnets we got was in a pound (sorry dollor) shop on the top floor of Bayside mall, Miami. Big flamingos, yellow taxi's 4x4inchs , really cheap.......good luck collecting.....if you want any here from London,Uk let me know,I'd be happy to get for you. Off to Spain in three weeks golfing with the girls if you require any from that "neck of the woods"
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: refrig magnet lost :{

Thanks for the great tip Lara! It would be wonderful to have christmas decorations to remind us of our cruise when it's winter here. I will definitely check it out when we are in Key West!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old September 18th, 2004, 11:02 AM
seawench

I'm also a collector - magnets and ornaments!

I bought some lovely Christmas ornaments in St. Thomas last November.
Flamingoes, crabs, sailboats - all sorts of tropical designs painted on bulbs.
The artists's name is Diann -- had her card, but I can't find it on my dest right now!
Her ornaments are in various stores, and she also has a shop with a lot of her other items somewhere right in the shopping district.
Old September 24th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Beginner

I too collect fridge magnets, so I know how you feel as well. Is really sweet of the other Donna C to pick one up for ya. I'd have done the same, but I'm not heading that way till April.
Old September 26th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Beginner

I, too collect magnets and Xmas tree ornaments--imagine that!

I was in heaven a few years ago when I got moved to a new school room and all my blackboards were MAGNETIC! Boy, did I have fun covering them with some of my magnets (had to leave some room of course to write notes, schedules, etc. for my students!!)

With the Xmas tree ornaments it is fun to decorate the tree, but it takes forever since I have to reminince where I purchased each one and all the memories connected!!

Enjoy your hobby and keep cruising. My next one is14 days on the Zenith in Nov. Hopefully there will be some islands left to visit and pick up more magnets and ornaments!! :-)