Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Beginner

Default Cozumel Excursions

I think I have it narrowed down to what we will do in Ocho Rios and Cayman Islands. Ocho Rios Peat Tayhor and Caymen Stingray City. We are doing the carnival victory Jan 2, 2005, western caribbean. Other than Paradise Beach , I cannot find or decide the best thing to do in Cozumel. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cozumel Excursions

good choices.
Cozumel - you can book a dolphin swim if that interests you, if you want to snorkel Cozumel offers some amazing snorkeling that is very easy. I
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Bob B Send a message via Yahoo to Bob B

If you are looking for some time on the beach with great food, I suggest Mr. Sancho's.

Check them out at www.mrsanchos.com

Bob

Old September 10th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yeoman

We've been to Cozumel before. Supposed to go on 12-5 as well. We went to Chankanaab Park and loved it! You can look them up on their website. There not too far away. You can take a taxi. They have a very nice beach with great snorkeling. Dolphins there to swim with or just watch. Lots of neat paths and things to see. Good food at the outside restauant on the beach. We spent many hours there snorkeling and stuff. Didn't want to leave. I think it was 10.00 to get in. You won't be disappointed!

Have fun!
p.s we're going to the same stops as you. I'm hoping they'll be something left after these hurricanes. I just made a post regarding that.

Old September 11th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Cozumel Excursions

Reading your post made me think stop and think, here I am my biggest worry is where to go and what to do in ports on an upcoming cruise, forgetting in my excitement what others are experiencing this very moment while I sit here and get all excited.

To all of those affected by the hurricanes in Florida and elsewhere , you are in my thoughts and prayers, may you and those you love stay safe.
Old September 11th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Passenger

My husband and I and another couple went to Cozumel last November. It was by far my favorite port. We booked a private excursion snorkel trip with an operator called www.eagleraydivers.com. This was absolutely AWESOME! We did all the booking and contacts thru the internet. This business had come highly recommended so I was expecting the best and was not disappointed. We took a taxi to Punta Lagosta pier and Shelly (part owner with her husband who is Mexican, she is American) met us there. While we waited for our boat to return she showed us around the tiny pier, offered us drinks and told us about the history of the area. She was super sweet and very accomodating. Eagleray specializes in small group tours, unlike cruise ship excursions where you are with lots of people. It ended up being just the four of us and the driver of the boat and our snorkel guide. He took us to the Palancar reef, which to say is incredible is a understatement! We saw the most beautiful fish and sea creatures. Our guide would always point out the coolest stuff to us. He wanted to make sure we saw everything. At one point my mask felt too tight and he took his off and gave me his. Loved that! They took us to two different sections of the reef and in between the two they fed us fresh watermelon and drinks. .......Best watermelon in my life! Can't say enough about them. True professionals that want you to have the best time in Cozumel!
Old September 11th, 2004, 07:18 PM
First Mate

I can second Bethany...
We did Discover SCUBA with EagleRayDivers last November. This was our first SCUBA experience, and it was just the two of us. Antonio took GREAT care of us - and I even almost chickened out when jumping in the water.
If we return to Cozumel, we will return to Antonio and Shelly.
We didn't have snacks/drinks other than bottled water, but it was the diving experience we were after.
Old September 12th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Passenger

In Cozumel, take a taxi (about $10) to Chacanab Park. Admission is $10 and there is a lovely, park with Mayan facsimiles, as well as a lovely beach area (great for kids) However the best part is the snorkeling !! The edge is a bit rough going in and coming out but there are millions of fish and some decent soft coral , plus a raft. Leave off any silver jewellry as there are barracuda. The park provides free lockers with keys and there are restaurants etc. A great way to spend the day and really reasonable cost wise.Enjoy!
Old September 14th, 2004, 12:39 PM
chip brady

My wife and I do not snorkel so we joined a jeep safari. It was great. We drove about 20 miles and then turned into the jungle for about 10 miles and came to a great private beach where they had a buffet. One of the better times we had that week.
We bought the excursion through a co. called PortPromotions.com. They really treated us well.
Chip Brady
Old September 17th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Jeni

My entire family was on the Inspiration cruise that left Tampa on Sept. 7 (our cruise was shortened from 7 to 5 days due to Hurricane Frances). We had a great time! We only got to visit two ports - Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

In Cozumel, we decided to just get off the ship and see what we could find at the pier. Once you get through all the little shops on the pier, you will see a hoarde of taxis and tour companies. We had a driver with a 15 passenger van - his name was Victor - who took 12 of us on a 4 hour tour of whatever we wanted to see for $25 per adult and $10 per child!!!! It was GREAT! Victor told us a lot of history about Cozumel and the Mayan people. (We reallly wanted to see some ruins - the Tulum trip just sounded too long for the kids.) On this board we heard about San Gervais ruins that were actually on Cozumel island, so we told Victor that's where we wanted to go. He added his own mini tour through the city area and the "expensive" houses and then took us to the ruins. He waited while we did our tour of the area (a little more than an hour). One note, if you go to San Gervais, take bug spray! After the ruins he took us around the island so we could see the windward side. It was a great 4 hour trip for the least amount of money! I highly recommend finding Victor if you can! Once we get our pictures developed I'll post his picture for you!!

I'll write about our Grand Cayman adventure in another message in case anyone is interested.

Have a great time!!
Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:00 AM
Beginner

I recommend the Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Break. I booked it through the ship, but it was well worth the price. A fun atmosphere, free drinks, activities and gear all included.
Old September 24th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Staci Davidson

We cruised last September and took the Atlantis Submarine tour. Others in my group liked it, but felt as though it was not worth the price. Cozumel has lots of great souvenir-type shopping. Great/cheap t-shirts, lots of things. Also, a great place for lunch is "Pancho's". Very nice. Hope this info helps you.
Old September 24th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Passenger

If you wanna scuba dive or dive don't go to Playa del SOl (Cozumel) this place sucks.